Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE  (Read 5277 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 11:23:40 pm »

I was serious about the "have some dignity" award - for someone lacking in dignity as a poster and/or person in general

Most missed former poster

"Too much information" an award for a post where someone revealed more than we needed to know about them

Best Gina joke/reference

Best quality of life: an award for the board member who's real life away from his/her computer is probably fantastic

Married to the Net: an award for the board member who's real life way from his/her computer is probably non-existant

Best smackdown - the best response to a stupid/inflamitory/unnessary post

Best food-related post

Best thread

Best foreign board member

LOL award - award for funniest post


Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 11:24:58 pm »

The Bozack Memorial Nickname Award

Oh yeah, that reminds me, Rumjay needs a new name.  She's all letters and numbers.  Fuck that shit.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 11:27:23 pm »

The Bozack Memorial Nickname Award

I love this idea.  Ceremoniously awarding someone a nickname is a lovely idea, and perhaps us Mods could know who it is in advance and then collectively decide on nickname for the person.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 11:34:37 pm »

Also:

Most Likely to be Onstad: an award for the member who is most likely Chris Onstad in disguise.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 11:41:30 pm »

Best "Dude Who Has Got No Mercy" (Most wonderful Urban Dead player on the boards)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 11:47:27 pm »

Of course Melanie is a lock for MVP, but I doubt I am even in the running anymore for most likely to.  I stayed away too long.

But surely you are a shoo-in for Most Awesome Life, speaking of photographic evidence.

These are all great ideas for awards but don't forget how much rereading of the boards it's going to take to come up with nominations for a lot of them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 11:58:13 pm »

Oh yeah, that reminds me, Rumjay needs a new name.  She's all letters and numbers.  Fuck that shit.

What's wrong with "Rumjay Numbers?" I think it has a nice ring to it.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 12:11:21 am »

I was serious about the "have some dignity" award - for someone lacking in dignity as a poster and/or person in general

Yes, Hove some dignity is a cute little typo that V once made which became a TOUAMB meme.  Have some dignity is something Chris Onstad said to someone that was lacking dignity.  I can't remember the context, i'll never win the court jester award.


"Too much information" an award for a post where someone revealed more than we needed to know about them

I'm back in the running.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 12:21:12 am »

Yes, Hove some dignity is a cute little typo that V once made which became a TOUAMB meme.  Have some dignity is something Chris Onstad said to someone that was lacking dignity.  I can't remember the context, i'll never win the court jester award.

I didn't make it; the original post was here, by flenker, and there was some alcohol involved. I'm the one who has principally tried to use it as a meme (and generally failed), though.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 12:22:18 am »

Yes, Hove some dignity is a cute little typo that V once made which became a TOUAMB meme.  Have some dignity is something Chris Onstad said to someone that was lacking dignity.  I can't remember the context, i'll never win the court jester award.

Actually my research indicates that Flenker made the typo and V was just the first person to run with it.

I also vaguely recall Jough being the one who was constantly telling people to have some dignity but this is really hazy


[edit: this is what I get for pausing in my research to fetch a beverage. Damn you Cherry Coke!]
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 12:26:04 am »

I also vaguely recall Jough being the one who was constantly telling people to have some dignity but this is really hazy

I recall Jough using the phrase frequently, but I don't think he originated it.  Perhaps he can tell us.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 12:32:32 am »

I recall Jough using the phrase frequently, but I don't think he originated it.  Perhaps he can tell us.

Duh. Why did it take me this long to remember?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 12:33:53 am »

Oh, I miss Ray's Place. We need more Ray's Place.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 01:55:15 am »

I'm echoing my support for a few here:


Cutest TOUAMBie pet

Contenders for Board Mascot

Largest ego/non-ego

Angriest TOUAMBie Award

Most Eloquent/Articulate

Best Literary Reference

Best Popular Culture Reference

The Voice of Reason award: Best mod action

Nominees for Next Mod

Best Flickr photostream

Most Likely To Hole Up With a Sniper Rifle award



Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2007, 02:09:28 am »

I didn't make it; the original post was here, by flenker, and there was some alcohol involved. I'm the one who has principally tried to use it as a meme (and generally failed), though.

I'd say you succeeded.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up