Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Poll

Mixdisk 2007 - Yea or Nay?

All hell of such as yes dogg.
- 19 (95%)
Why make a mixdisc just to bug a guy?  Let's don't and say we did!
- 0 (0%)
I am Son of Rodney.  It is rumored that I don't like music.
- 1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)  (Read 8704 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 11:37:44 pm »

no. It was more of a thing where I own every strokes album, so I wouldn't have burned them on a disc. I knew my brother liked them, so I assumed it was something he'd made.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 03:41:59 am »

[H]ow about a one-artist mixdisc swap? That is, a swap of mixes composed entirely of one artist/band's music. This can be as themed or non-themed as you want: do a proper theme, do a "Best Of...", do "Twenty Random Songs," whatever. The point is to try and create something interesting without any band variety coming into play. I'd love to hear what people would come up with, and it's an excellent way to get exposure for artists people may not have heard of or who are indispensable.

Dammit V, now I have to go make a World Party mix as well!  I'll include it with my main mix for anyone who wants it.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 08:08:16 am »

I would love to get involved in this.  Are you talking about burning your discs and sending them out over the mail, or using something like sendspace or yousendit to send an mp3 mix?  The latter seems a bit easier to deal with.

And judging by the disparity I've got with most of your last.fms, this could be informative in both directions!  I swear, I must get at least one of yous into some crazy gypsy music or something.
Logged
~

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007, 10:12:39 am »

I swear, I must get at least one of yous into some crazy gypsy music or something.

Too late!
(Hah, even with Carnival Conspiracy down as my last listened on last.fm there... Timely.)

I've thought that every mixdisc season, but never got round to it. I refuse to do a mix without actually mixing the mix, which just introduced more and more work, and time needed which I lack. Maybe this time... At least one person would be like to enjoy it!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:22:30 am by slink »
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 03:50:21 pm »

I made a mix between that last swap and now.  I offered it to the board and my offer was completely ignored.  Completely!

I even made a best of disc that included my favorites from that last swap.

Ignored.  Completely.

Lordy Paul, when was this? I can't find the thread for it, I must have missed it. You don't have to go to the trouble of sending it to me and all, though it would be awesome. Your last discs you sent me were easily the top mixdiscs I received last year (Wombat and Q, yours were both fantastic too. But Paul won hands down)

I'm not much of a 'regular' here at the moment, but I'll find a theme and make my disc appropriately soon enough if there's interest.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2007, 12:04:47 am »

Are we posting the tracks once we have a tentative mix disk together?
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2007, 12:05:43 am »

Are we posting the tracks once we have a tentative mix disk together?

Some people do, some don't. It's really your call.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2007, 01:31:43 am »

I'm not gonna spoil mine by posting a full tracklist, but I'll give a short teaser:

  • Van Morrison singing about how you've got ring worm,
  • Tom Waits covering a song written by Jack Kerouac,
  • a track from Eddie Hazel's solo album,
  • a remix of a Bollywood soundtrack, and
  • Finnish surf music.

I also won't be making my mix available for download, since then you would miss out on the neat little CD booklet I'm making for it.  You'll have to get it from me the old fashioned way.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2007, 05:15:15 am »

Heh, excellent.

So in what kind of time-frame would such a thing as this go down?  Just a "send a mix whenever" type of thing?  And for all you folks dealing in physical copies of the disc, you're mailing them out?

Or is it more formal, where each person gets another dude's name, and they all swap?
Logged
~

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 05:40:04 am »

Please be honest: would you be opposed to the cost of a Canadian such as myself participating?  I do not know how much it would cost me to mail out to you folk, but perhaps I could take the risk of poor packaging to save $$$?  I am intrigued...
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2007, 06:18:39 am »

Damn! You guys are all industrious little busy bees. I keep thinking I should make an awesome alt-country mix.

Or something that would be the Alaskan Experience soundtrack if one of y'all got to switch places with me for a day...?

Hell...now I'm tempted to do it. But I seriously doubt I could make anything to put in the little CD liner notes. That is just too much creativity for me to muster.

Also, smells, I would hella send you something. I swapped perfume with a girl in Greece and postage cost $20.50, but I got a bottle of Songes by Annick Goutal in exchange for my bottle of Narciso Rodriguez.

**EDIT, 1200 posts. whooooo
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2007, 06:35:23 am »

I would be willing to send wherever; as I recall, the last time I sent out mixes, I sent one to Doc in Australia. All was well.

Anyway, I'm getting things put together; hopefully I'll have an announcement soonish.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2007, 01:50:40 pm »

Did Doc reciprocate?  Because I don't recall getting mix from that guy.

I would totally send to Canada, it's not that much more.  I totally want a smells mix. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2007, 03:06:50 pm »

Alright, I am in!

Also:
Damn, that's as bad as leaving them on the top of a dumpster.  My disc are like Andrew WK to you.
This is a reference from small times, and I approve.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

hound

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -21
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2007, 05:28:34 pm »

hi my christian name is: hound and i will make a: mix tape cd
Logged
Yoke-fellowes in Armes, let vs to France, like Horfe-leeches my Boyes, to fucke, to fucke, the very blood to fucke.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up