Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Poll

Mixdisk 2007 - Yea or Nay?

All hell of such as yes dogg.
- 19 (95%)
Why make a mixdisc just to bug a guy?  Let's don't and say we did!
- 0 (0%)
I am Son of Rodney.  It is rumored that I don't like music.
- 1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19


Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)  (Read 8676 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 12:25:36 am »

I sent one to Doc in Australia.
And it was hell of appreciated.

Did Doc reciprocate?

No I didn't. I was completely a bullshit little man on that occassion but I hope to rectify this.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2007, 02:24:49 am »

I will make one. however, sending it out before I get home on may 10th or so may be unlikely. I may not have, until then, the time to make a quality product.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 03:43:00 am »

I am nearly done with my mixdisc now, but I need to know whether you would rather listen to a thirty-minute composition in its entirety or chopped up into bits and interspersed with other songs.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 04:41:03 am »

Do whatever you want and the good Lord will provide, I say.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 09:18:43 am »

I'm almost done with mine (stuck on the last couple of songs). I am trying to work out whether it might be easier (and cheaper) to send a bunch of cds to one lucky person who could then disperse them within their continent (using monies supplied by myself of course), this would also have the advantage that I could include enough postage to ship a box back to me so anyone who wants to wing a mixdisc my way could send an extra to said person saving y'all time and money.
Does this sound possible to anyone?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2007, 12:59:11 pm »

I'll make one, but I don't want to have to put it on disc or tape or anything.

Does anyone listen to music other than in some purely digital format now?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2007, 04:21:39 pm »

yes.

so if you could have your mix pressed into an LP, that would be helpful.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2007, 06:46:06 pm »

Lordy Paul, when was this? I can't find the thread for it, I must have missed it.

I posted a thread which sat unloved and unused for about two weeks.  I was so embarrased that I deleted it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2007, 10:32:04 pm »

The Saddest Thing
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 12:43:38 pm »

Ok so I finally made one. Anyone in desperate need of aussie music selected using my extremely mediocre taste should go ahead and hit me up with a PM with the address where I can stalk you.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 03:19:22 pm »

While I'd love to receive one from you Doc (ooh cheeky) I'm afraid the shipping cost is immense. Is there some kind of secret Commonwealth postal service we can utilise?

(This is on behalf of other British posters too)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 08:51:29 pm »

I'll make one, but I don't want to have to put it on disc or tape or anything.

Does anyone listen to music other than in some purely digital format now?



True, but... I don't know... there's something really fun about creating/receiving album art....
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 10:30:40 pm »

[...] if you could have your mix pressed into an LP, that would be helpful.

No vinyl, please.  My record player can only play 78s.

...I'm not sure how that would work as a mix, though, seeing how they each can only have one song on them.  Maybe you could just send me a big crate of them and tell me which order to play them in.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 10:40:33 pm »

Shipping cost isn't going to be too different whether I send to UK or US so don't sweat it Judy. As Asherdan said, I'm sending this out so you lot can be educated (or horrified) there are no strings.

Private to commonwealth subjects: we cannot discuss about her majesty's royal mail zepplin here, tune into BBC 3 at  15:34, all will be explained.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 11:51:59 pm »


 EVERYBODY DANCE LIKE THERE'S ASHERDAN-IN-YOUR-******

Oh yes, I need this. I don't care what's on it, I have to have it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up