Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Poll

Mixdisk 2007 - Yea or Nay?

All hell of such as yes dogg.
- 19 (95%)
Why make a mixdisc just to bug a guy?  Let's don't and say we did!
- 0 (0%)
I am Son of Rodney.  It is rumored that I don't like music.
- 1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19


Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)  (Read 8699 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2007, 03:58:17 am »

I have two ideas for a mixed disc:

Rude Titties - a collection of songs for getting nasty

Aux Canuck - a collection of mostly uncommon songs by Canadians

Maybe I could put together both and people could select which they'd prefer?  I'd be fine with that.  Does anyone have any strong feelings either way for one or the other?  Rude Titties is shaping up to be a set of fun and really NSFW stuff, and Aux Canuck is more about, you know, sharing the good stuff that never makes it out of the country (AKA there will be no Celine Dion, Shania Twain or Avril Lavigne on this disk).
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2007, 04:33:35 am »

(AKA there will be no Celine Dion, Shania Twain or Avril Lavigne on this disk)

I will preface comment by saying I don't care for April Lavinge, and I don't dislike New Order, just so you know.

But I was in the record store on Monday (buying the new Neil Young Live at Massey Hall- So Good!*) and they were blasting the new AL at top volume.  When I went to check out there was a lady very rudely complaining to the lowly clerk about the music.  Kinda like shrieking to a call center employee she was.  The lowly clerk was being very nice, "it's not up to us, the management controls the music, etc..."  I peeked at her purchase and then looked at her and said, "well it could be worse, they could be playing New Order."  It was as if I punched her in the gut.  The look of shock on her face was priceless.  She couldn't process the idea that someone thought April Lavinge was better than New Order.  Her transaction was finished and she walked away without saying a word.  The lowly clerk gave me a smile that said thank you.

*Neil Young on a Canadian Mixdisc would be excellent.

3666 posts.  Devil Horns.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 05:19:19 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2007, 04:57:29 am »

Oh, that is beautiful.  Standing up for employees when people are being cocks to them is one of my favorite things to do too.  You get canned.

Also, I don't know many rare Neil Young songs,  but I could put one on there that I just always love so very much and defined my teen ideas of romance... A couple days ago I read a hilarious article by a guy who proposes that we stop claiming Neil as Canadian.  The guy was interview him about his upcoming work and he said a few things to sort of key in to the fact he's spent less time in Canada in the past 6 year than the Queen of England.  Neil seems to think the Canadian Geese are going extinct, and even asked the writer of the article "what ever happened to the Canadian Goose?" and referrs to the geese as a dying species repeatedly in his newest album.  Neil is way of track here:  actually, the Goose population is so high they are almost classified as a pest right now, and in his old home town of Winnipeg where I roam, there are occasional traffic problems because there are so many geese that they just sort of go en masse and sit in the road in giant flocks, stopping traffic in both directions.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2007, 07:23:15 am »

I'd love to hear the canuck one Smells, that's kind of what I'm trying to do with mine, except I have no idea how Australian music penetrates into your continents so it's a bit hit and miss.


Paul,, as always, lives the life most of us only dream of.,
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2007, 08:21:46 am »

Live at Massey Hall is one of the best live albums I have ever heard.  Almost as good as Dylan Live at Royal Albert 1966.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2007, 05:44:00 am »

I have two ideas for a mixed disc:

Rude Titties - a collection of songs for getting nasty

Aux Canuck - a collection of mostly uncommon songs by Canadians

Maybe I could put together both and people could select which they'd prefer?  I'd be fine with that.  Does anyone have any strong feelings either way for one or the other?  Rude Titties is shaping up to be a set of fun and really NSFW stuff, and Aux Canuck is more about, you know, sharing the good stuff that never makes it out of the country (AKA there will be no Celine Dion, Shania Twain or Avril Lavigne on this disk).

I love me some uncommon Canadian music. Two of my very favorite bands are The Weakerthans and The Constantines. I guess they're not that uncommon if you follow the indie/punk scene, but still. Plenty of good music up north.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2007, 02:23:41 pm »

Who has disc ready to ship?  I am asking because I am too lazy to re read this thread.  I want 'em all, but mine won't be ready for several weeks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2007, 04:09:03 pm »

In spite of the fact that I started this thread saying I already had a "finished" mix, mine's still not ready.  I need to finish the booklet, but that can't take too much longer unless I keep procrastinating.

I have two ideas for a mixed disc:

Rude Titties - a collection of songs for getting nasty

Aux Canuck - a collection of mostly uncommon songs by Canadians

Why not combine the two?  Music for getting it on with Canadians?
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Thee Grande Mycks Dysske Swappe (2007 Edition)
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2007, 08:24:48 pm »

I think, being still vaguely new here, I will probably just put mine up in digital form for all to download, whenever I am done with it.  I used to have stuff to make cd labels with, but all of the components have been lost in the wind.
Logged
~
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up