Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."  (Read 5024 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« on: April 04, 2007, 06:53:40 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04042007

Where did the leg go? The eternal question.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 07:05:18 am »

More importantly, do we ever want to find out where it went?

I don't have anything else to say about this strip.  It has left me confused and befuddled.
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 07:13:11 am »

This was not something my caffeine-addled brain needed to see.

Because now every image of Huggins is bouncing around in my mind and I will not be able to sleep for days out of fear that he will come and demonstrate "There is no false power in the universe."
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Charles Nelson Mandela

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • These aren't the characters we identify with?
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 07:13:35 am »

I ... don't get it.

I especially don't get why there's now a mole on Ray's chin.
Logged
"Hello, I'm Antonin Scalia. Welcome to *slap!* *spank!* Strict Constructionism."

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 07:16:32 am »

I ... don't get it.

I especially don't get why there's now a mole on Ray's chin.

It's Simon Le Cowell's creepy dimpled chin.

Charles Nelson Mandela

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • These aren't the characters we identify with?
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 07:24:33 am »

But how did Ray add a dimple...? Plastic surgery? Sharpie?

Crazy cartoon cats...
Logged
"Hello, I'm Antonin Scalia. Welcome to *slap!* *spank!* Strict Constructionism."

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 07:42:19 am »

Thinking about it, this is probably what Moomin porn would look like, what with the plumpness and all. Great and excellent, Finland.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 07:51:47 am »

This homeboy is officially not reading any achewoods until this gay porn arc is over. I can't even look at Rod without thinking of a naked AugustWest rolling around.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 12:07:55 pm »

This homeboy is officially not reading any achewoods until this gay porn arc is over. I can't even look at Rod without thinking of a naked AugustWest rolling around.


Paradoxically enough, that's why I can't STOP reading this arc, over and over.

Dude seriously, AsherDawg is the hottest man-lawyer this side of the ozarks.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 01:07:44 pm »

I can't even look at Rod without thinking of a naked AugustWest rolling around.

Agreed.  But now I'm emotionally invested in the goings on of this cartoon cat, mostly because I don't want anything horrible happening to Auggins.  The two are perma-pressed together in my mind. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 01:36:14 pm »

The very cat-like pose in panel 4 makes me assume that Huggins in kneading the bed, all getting ready to pounce. I with this picture was not in my brain.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 01:38:09 pm »

This was not something my caffeine-addled brain needed to see.

This was not something my any kind of brain needed to see. I am quite traumatized.

If I were smart, I would ask someone to PM me when this arc was over, but I suppose I will be unable to resist looking.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »

I think that Onstad's poses of Huggins so as to tastefully exclude his junk are brill.

The raised eyebrow made me laugh hysterically, "Oh yeah. Act like you ate the candy, Rod. But also act like you deserved it."
Logged

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 03:21:29 pm »

it doesn't take much to traumatize you guys does it
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 4.4.2007 - "Death of a Salesman. Work it. Work it."
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 03:32:02 pm »

I can't even look at Rod without thinking of a naked AugustWest rolling around.

AugustWest as Rod Huggins somehow leads to AugustWest as a Moomin.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up