Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Guilty pleasures  (Read 9541 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 02:03:04 am »

I have no idea why I liked the cheesy '80s rock ballad "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" or why I put it on the list, but there you go.

OMG, Wombie BRAAAAIN LINK!  I fracking love that song too, 'cept I can't explain WHY!  Augh!!!

Other guilty pleasures:

Dr. Who.  Battlestar Galactica.  Firefly.  Cosmopolitan magazine.  Chartreuse liqueur.  vermilion nail polish (I know it probably looks trampy, but I like it, okay?).  smoking.

Schadenfreude (sp?) when you find out someone you used to work with is making an ass of him/herself in public, acting all shameless and idiotic at expense to his/her own reputation, and you just wanna point your finger and laugh, Nelson-style.  "Ha, ha!"  I wish I could be more specific, but the internets are not exactly anonymous, and the last thing I want to do is get more specific.

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2007, 02:22:37 am »

TOUAMB is my guilty pleasure.  One time in passing conversation the SO mentioned to someone how I was talking to someone "on your message board" and I shoot him hella evil looks, and explained later that he shouldn't just tell random people.  Some people actually think I'm cool. 

Also, "Best of" albums.

Also, watching America's Next Top Model then dishing about it with my bestfriend. (Please don't tell the other feminists I watch this -they'll come take away my card!)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 02:31:29 am »

and the Bravo reality-game shows. I have watched all of the last two seasons of Project Runway and this season of Top Design, and I will watch Shear Genius. I'm not proud.

I'm not. Project Runway is pretty much my favorite show. Ever. I am guilty, though, of watching Blow Dry and Workout, which are two of the worst/best shows pretty much ever. Along with America's Next Top Model, which I LOVE.

I'll echo someone in saying that TOUAMB is a bit of a guilty pleasure. I'm not especially ashamed of Achewood and y'all are especially intelligent, literate fans, but it's just the height of nerdery. I'm getting together with people I don't know to discuss cat c*ckes and other things on the internet. It's more that I'm active about it - but it's fitting, all my friends know that I'm a know-it-all and can't read people's conversations without getting my two cents in.

Going to Widespread Panic and other such hippie/redneck shows are kind of a guilty pleasure too. I always have a blast, but I'm not that into the bands, so I feel weird when people ask me "where were you this weekend?" and I have to say "In North Carolina seeing Widespread Panic with Jason." It also makes me feel like a bad feminist because I'm basically going to these shows because of my boyfriend.

Being a feminist sometimes makes everything fun into a guilty pleasure.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 03:29:54 am »

Meatloaf I guess, but I'm not that guilty about it, still not something I'll bring up often in conversation.

Dr. Who.  Battlestar Galactica.  Firefly.  Cosmopolitan magazine.  Chartreuse liqueur.  vermilion nail polish smoking.

Except for the cosmo and the smoking I wouldn't feel so guilty, and at least the smoking means you are cool.

EDIT: I did mean Meatloaf the artist/thespian there. Not the food, I derive neither pleasure nor guild from meatloaf as a dish most of the time anyway.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2007, 03:33:20 am »

I'm not. Project Runway is pretty much my favorite show. Ever. I am guilty, though, of watching Blow Dry and Workout, which are two of the worst/best shows pretty much ever. Along with America's Next Top Model, which I LOVE.

Oh, man, America's Next Top Model! That and Project Runway were the guilty-pleasure shows of my class in college -- excellent distraction from theses and grad-school apps one night a week, and fun to watch communally. I've kind of dropped ANTM after graduation, though, since it isn't the same without the same people. Maybe I should pick it up.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 04:09:19 am »

Masturbation.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2007, 04:39:53 am »

OMG, Wombie BRAAAAIN LINK!  I fracking love that song too, 'cept I can't explain WHY!  Augh!!!

Other guilty pleasures:

Dr. Who.  Battlestar Galactica.  Firefly.  Cosmopolitan magazine.  Chartreuse liqueur.  vermilion nail polish (I know it probably looks trampy, but I like it, okay?).  smoking.

Schadenfreude (sp?) when you find out someone you used to work with is making an ass of him/herself in public, acting all shameless and idiotic at expense to his/her own reputation, and you just wanna point your finger and laugh, Nelson-style.  "Ha, ha!"  I wish I could be more specific, but the internets are not exactly anonymous, and the last thing I want to do is get more specific.



Heh heh. YAY!!! Wombie brain liiiink! All the singletons (aka non-twins) can be jealous and wonder what it's like to have a badass twin like kellichou.

One of our favorite things to do in the summertime when I visit is to have a Bad Wombie Cigarette. I still have some packs of Nat Shermans that I bought in the summer of '04 before I moved up here. They're in ziplock bags and I bring them with me on vacation. There are few things better than chilling with the person in the world who understands you the best, having a tasty fancy-ass smoke, and drinking delicious beer. Rawk.

Our younger sister is hella awesome too, but she really frowns on the smoking, so we don't smoke around her.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2007, 05:20:59 am »

At the Drive-In.

That's all I can think of, right now. I guess just emo-ish stuff in general, what little of it I like.

Also: I am trying really hard to avoid smoking, as it would become my guilty pleasure so fast.
It doesn't help that a lot of my friends smoke randomly at parties, and at no other time. But I know I have a really obsessive/addictive personality... so it would be a bad idea.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2007, 09:12:37 am »

Masturbation.
Seconded
But again, not that guilty.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2007, 01:07:13 pm »

I never feel guilty about any of my pleasures.

Seriously, kids.  Do not be embarrassed about liking something.  What "guilt" is there?  You're just embarrassed that you like something that you think that other people will think badly of you for liking.

Here's a hint, though: if you like it, there's a good chance that someone out there likes it too.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2007, 01:17:06 pm »

Farscape, Stargate, Married...with Children. Listen to music that I know is bad (FenixTX, Wheatus, most Offspring) but in small enough amounts to keep it off of my Last.fm charts. Spot-fest wrestling.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2007, 04:28:11 pm »

I never feel guilty about any of my pleasures...What "guilt" is there?  You're just embarrassed that you like something that you think that other people will think badly of you for liking.

Hell, I think badly of other people for not liking what I like.  They must be stupid, and their opinions can safely be disregarded.

This particularly applies when they don't like Judas Priest.
Logged

ImpyChick

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2007, 04:59:49 pm »

I still have some packs of Nat Shermans that I bought in the summer of '04 before I moved up here.

OK, I'm coming out of lurk mode momentarily :).  I used to smoke these sometimes while @ Bethany.  I forgot ALLL about these!  They were quite yummy, & I loved smoking them in the winter.  They were also a great conversation starter at the rinky dink gay bar I used to go to in Salina, lol.  Ahhh, memories!

Oh...my guilty pleasure...As the World Turns.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:46:28 pm by ImpyChick »
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2007, 05:45:06 pm »

This particularly applies when they don't like Judas Priest.

Hear, hear.

(Hearin' Aid)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty pleasures
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 06:56:35 pm »

Smoking isn't a guilty pleasure, it's a disgusting pleasure.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up