I don't find liking nerdcore to be a guilty pleasure. I LOVE nerdcore. In fact I wish I had more of it. I need to get off my lazy butt and update my music collection with all the music I keep saying I like but never get around to acquiring. :/
But I digress.
Hm... guilty pleasures... I guess I would have to agree with the people who have said that they don't believe in guilty pleasures. I am not ashamed of anything that I like/enjoy even though I'm sure a good portion of it is stuff that most people would think I should feel guilty about liking.
Although the idea surrounding the worry over telepathic people is an interesting one. I thought I was the only person who worried about telepathic people. Being a teacher, I have to model respect and honorable human behavior all the time; so quite often during the day I find myself thinking horrible thoughts that a teacher shouldn't be thinking, for instance, if a student is really struggling with a concept, on the outside I might be patiently re-explaining it, but on the inside I'm thinking, "What are you, stupid? What the hell is wrong with you? Idiot!" and immediately afterwards I feel profound remorse. And I look over my shoulder to see if anyone in the area has telepathic powers and might have picked up on my inappropriate thoughts.
Totally off-topic: I really missed this place. Haven't had time to do any real reading for several weeks. Good to see everyone again.