Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 11, 2007 - You Win  (Read 2360 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
April 11, 2007 - You Win
« on: April 11, 2007, 09:05:54 am »

I don't know what Ray is talking about. I, as a straight man, would totally rent this video.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 09:08:30 am »

I couldn't agree with you more.  The last two strips have really made this arc worthwhile.  Before that I thought it was kind of just filler and one good gay porn joke. 


Hopefully the next arc will have less Ray.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 10:41:24 am »

You tell me that panel 3 isn't someone's idea of a wet dream.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 03:00:09 pm »

I simply cannot stop laughing. More absurd cut-and-paste, please.

Title should've been Cherub Standoff at the Gargoyle Corral
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 03:43:26 pm »

You know who could make this arc hilarious? Nightlife Mingus. I miss that guy.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 05:25:06 pm »

This sequence suggests, to me, that if someone made a Street Fighter-style one-on-one fighting game that was ultimately about gay sex, it would be the third-highest selling video game of all time.

Right after a GTA-clone where you battle zombies with your car and a version of Punch-Out where you battle former presidents.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 05:48:09 pm »

This sequence suggests, to me, that if someone made a Street Fighter-style one-on-one fighting game that was ultimately about gay sex, it would be the third-highest selling video game of all time.

Someone already did.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 05:50:39 pm »

This sequence suggests, to me, that if someone made a Street Fighter-style one-on-one fighting game that was ultimately about gay sex, it would be the third-highest selling video game of all time.

No surprise - the Japanese have already done this.

Edit:  Damn you Chuan and your keyboard-fu!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 07:43:48 pm »

No surprise - the Japanese have already done this.

Edit:  Damn you Chuan and your keyboard-fu!

Oh god.

Quote
The most recent of the Cho Aniki games was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2002. The game's subtitle translates to "Legend of the Holy Protein."
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 08:35:01 pm »

Lynndie England's, mayhap.

That is so wrong. Tiny can for you.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April 11, 2007 - You Win
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 09:04:38 pm »

"Cherub Standoff At The Gargoyle Corral" really is the winner here, but this is all great. I'd rent this movie in a heartbeat.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up