Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?  (Read 10453 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 05:05:21 am »

I have been informed many times that I am a Sick Fuck for sometimes enjoying commericals.

I only watched TV this year because my roommate always had it on. Lots of horrible MTV shows. Wonderful fun. And, of course, South Park.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 05:09:49 am »

Hell TV is like anything else. 

There's good TV, mediocre TV and crap TV. 

95% of it falls in the last two categories.  That in no way lessens the value of the remaining 5%. 

These days I try to limit myself to partaking only of the 5% (and really only that portion of the 5% which appeals to my particular tastes).  TIVO is a wonderful tool to accomplish this end.

This sentiment pretty much applies to all forms of media/entertainment.  The percentages might vary a little.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 07:45:15 am »

Generally these days I just watch Mike & Mike in the Morning.  On TiVo, 'cause it is broadcast on East Coast time and thus over before I wake up for the day.  If I manage to watch all of that in one day I will watch Good Eats or Mythbusters or something else TiVo has found for me to see.

I can't say I "don't watch TV," but there is very little channel surfing going on any more.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 08:47:52 am »

I'm not much with the live TV.  I'm like a death ray with a singular aim to a very narrow set of shows.   Sitcoms come and go, and man I ain't never heard of them.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2007, 09:02:33 am »

I watched a couple of games of the world series and tried to get into the football playoffs.  During these periods of watching television there were advertisements for upcoming shows.  None of them seemed very good.  I like Nova and Front Line, but I haven't watched them in a long time.  Seems like I saw Charlie Rose right after Vonnegut died.  It's gotten to the point now where I haven't even read the thread about whatever show it is y'all are talking about that may be spoilery.  I haven't seen many good movies lately either.  I saw Spiderman 3 two days ago.  It was not as good as it's predecessors.  I watched Sin City on DVD a couple of weeks ago.  I quite enjoyed it even while finding it completely ridiculous.  I see a lot of shit on youtube, does that count?  Stevie Wonder on Sesame Street was frikkin awesome.  Hell yeah!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 09:17:39 am »

I watch Trailer Park Boys, Da Ali G Show, Sifl and Olly, early Simpons, The Wire, Seinfeld and the U.K. Office, all from torrents, dvds or the internet.  I watch Bill Maher and sports when I have cable.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 01:34:42 pm »

I grew up in a house where the TV was always on if somebody was home. We had 5 sets for 4 people. The only reason anybody listened to music was because they were in a car or the cable was out.

So I basically always have the TV on when I'm online or if I'm reading a book that isn't terribly complicated. Last night they didn't show the Simpsons for some reason so I watched reruns of The Tick and a disc of the big-ass Monty Python DVD set.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 01:36:28 pm »

I recently downloaded and watched tons of classic Iron Chef (Japan, not shittious American Iron Chef).  It is pretty awesome.  I mostly hate TV, and the pleasure I take from it is mostly a guilty one.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 05:25:28 pm »

During exams week, I watched almost every episode of South Park. I am not sure how this is possible, but, there you go.

Between the night before last and yesterday afternoon, I watched an entire season of seinfeld.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 10:48:01 pm »

I'm thinking of returning to Tivo after a couple years of Dish's DVR (TiFaux) service.  I'm not sure whether this is just early-adopter fetishism, or whether there is some indefinable superiority to Tivo's version of the service.  I frequently find myself going "this list of recorded programming would have been better on Tivo".  I'm not surfing the HD wave (nor do I plan to be in the near future, although I do like the way sports look on it), so I'm not too worried about hard drive capacity (which may not even be an issue anymore - I just don't know).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 04:24:53 am »

During exams week, I watched almost every episode of South Park. I am not sure how this is possible, but, there you go.

Between the night before last and yesterday afternoon, I watched an entire season of seinfeld.

Dude, how is that possible?  There are a lot of episodes of South Park.

I should not get on this board drunk.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 04:34:44 am »

I should not get on this board drunk.

If I didn't nobody would know me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 04:42:52 am »

If I didn't nobody would know me.

Oh hells yeah.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 07:00:33 am »

ok, that is probably an exaggeration.

I watched every episode of southpark I could find for free on the internet that week. Later I found another site that had all of them, and watched the rest. Or, most of the rest.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 02:12:43 am »

watching telly is hard work! You've got to figure out when your stupid shows are going to be on, then you have to plan to be around a television around those times, and that's just too much work for something that's not even very well written.


I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

I watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report fairly often because they are on almost every night, so you have five chances a week to remember to watch.  And I watch The Wire because although it is hard to keep track of when those fancy HBO shows are happening, it IS well written so it's worth the effort and it only lasts for a couple or three months at a time.

But otherwise... I just saw 15 minutes of a new series by the studio that does the Wallace and Gromit movies - only because I happened to pick up the TV guide to move it off the couch at just the time that the show was on and saw a promo for it on the cover.  And I would love to watch it again, but the chance that I will remember what precise single half-hour of the week it is on is very remote. Oh, I'll remember, but it'll be the following day when I think "oh no, I missed that show again?"
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up