Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?  (Read 10413 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2007, 03:22:29 pm »

Of the three I like ***** Chicken best.  Family Guy has its occasional moments.  ATHF doesn't do much for me.

Anybody else watching Shin Chan?  I love that fartin' 5 year old!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2007, 04:35:50 pm »

I miss Milk Chan. It was the first TV show I've ever seen where I just knew it was awesome without ever really needing to laugh or understand. I forget everything about it, except that I loved it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2007, 06:54:56 pm »

Yeah ***** Chkcken is funny.  Way moreso than Family Guy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2007, 06:57:37 pm »

Me, I'm just waiting to be disqualified from my generation for not watching enough TV. (Also, for not having an intense nostalgia for the Transformers.)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2007, 06:59:38 pm »

the dividing line between "all-over-the-place stoner humour" and "lazy writing POSING as all-over-the-place stoner humour"

I just checked back in to this thread to be sure that I still had no idea what the *(&% youall were talking about.  Correct, but that made it worth it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2007, 08:11:27 pm »

I think ***** Chicken took longer to hit its stride. The first couple episodes had too much, "look! It's Optimus Prime peeing! Remember him?"
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2007, 08:19:40 pm »

Quote from: CortJstr
I think ##### Chicken took longer to hit its stride. The first couple episodes had too much, "look! It's Optimus Prime peeing! Remember him?"

See, to me?

That's EVERY joke in Family Guy.

"Oh my God, it's the Kool-Aid Man! He came through a wall! I remember when that happened once!"

"Adam West and/or William Shatner talk funny! No one has ever made that joke before!"

"The baby talks like that guy on that one campy old science fiction show that fuck*ng-everyone has an impression of! That's completely new and edgy somehow!"

And when they wanna ramp it up...

"I remember the Kool-Aid Man... AND HE'S PEEING! OMG LOLZORS!"

"Adam West and William Shatner talk funny... EVEN FUNNIER WHEN THEY'RE POOPING! OMG LOLZORS!"

"The guy the baby talks like MIGHT HAVE MAYBE BEEN GAY! OMG LOLZORS!"

Meh.

Meh meh meh.

Family Guy gets points for its occasionally genuine mean-spirited contempt for our culture and... points for absolutely nothing else, as far as I'm concerned.

If you could take the contempt of a Family Guy, divest it of all its lowest-common-denominator writing-jokes-by-watching-old-teevee-and-lifting-the-jokes pretending-that-a-shout-out-is-actually-a-joke bullshit and... infuse it into a smart multilayered all-over-the-place comedy like... Futurama... where the ONLY flaw was a soft underbelly of sentimentality that occasionally overwhelmed the humour...

You'd pretty much have the ultimate animated comedy.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2007, 08:38:33 pm »

I love futurama so much.

also: stewie... is supposed to talk like someone? really?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2007, 08:54:40 pm »

Adam West is absolute comedy gold on Family Guy. Any scene involving Brian actually being a dog is hilarious. And the Parade Route gag from the pilot is one of TV's finest moment.

Although I'd rather see a few pop-culture references as manatee gags on Family Guy or 30 second bits on ***** Chicken than 12 minute versions on SNL. Or anything related to Tim and Eric who apparently actively try to be boring and awkward.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2007, 09:40:21 pm »

Oh, ***** Chicken, I like sometimes. I find it terribly scattershot but sometimes it's great.

And... yeah, watching paint dry beats basically anything in the last ten years of SNL. The dividing line is "when Phil Hartman left"... it all went downhill from there.

I love Tim and Eric however. Their deep disgusted loathing of the Wal-Mart life is beauty and glory to me. Their bald-faced contempt informs and underpins all of their work and I love it so so so much.

They did a DVD signing in the heart of Hollywood and only like 15 people showed up.

I was one of them.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie?
« Reply #70 on: June 20, 2007, 03:26:46 am »

I've been checking my the internet, and I have yet to figure out when "Kitty Cat Man" is going to be on.  Is it going to be on CW?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up