Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.  (Read 12774 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« on: April 15, 2007, 05:12:33 pm »

For seven years now, I have celebrated a holiday of my own devising: Baco de Mayo. It is the annual holiday celebrating all things bacon. Every year my ever-expanding circle of bacon devotees gather together, cook something on the order of fifty pounds of bacon, celebrate, etc.

Every year has been a step up from the last. We've smoked our own bacon, with some minor setbacks:



We make soap from the fat, Fight Club style (last year's was tea-tree oil scented).

And we make things that should never be made with bacon:

Bacon stir-fried in cracked pepper and whisky.
Bacon oatmeal cookies.
Maple syrup ice cream with bacon bits.
Bacon foster.
Bacon shwarma.
Beer battered deep fried bacon.

But this year I have conceived something so bacony, so awesome, that I must step back and exclaim: VAE, PUTO DEUS FIO.

Behold: DEEP FRIED SCOTCH BACON CHEESECAKE.



Step 1: make a maple cheesecake with bits of bacon in suspension, with a caramelized coating of bacon bits on the top, akin to a fruit cheesecake.
Step 2: chill this cheesecake to near freezing.
Step 3: dip the cheesecake in beer batter, the thicker the better.
Step 4: roll the battered cheesecake in a "crumb-coat" of crispy bacon bits
Step 5: DEEP FRY.

Serve with ice cream, defibrilliator


And for those who are so inclined:

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 06:06:58 pm »

Wow. I think I'm getting chest pains just reading that recipe.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 06:54:12 pm »

Bobby, no!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 08:54:19 pm »

A narrative fills my mind, of Mr. Onstad hopping onto the Achewood corporate jet with a few sixers of high-end imported beer and two packs of Bacon-of-the-Month-Club bacon, dressed as the lead character from the comic book "Preacher"... heading to Bobby's like some sort of Old West meatsmen, heading to an Old West meat challenge between two grizzled Old West meatslingers.

One of them dies right near the end of the greatest meat showdown you've ever seen and when people try to throw up a cheer for the victor, the winner is all like "NO CHEERING! NO fuck*ng CHEERING! WE HAVE LOST A GREAT MAN TODAY! WE LOST... A MEATSLINGER... AND WE ARE ALL THE fuck*ng LESSER FOR IT! LEAVE US!"

...and he would sit shiva with the body, fending off the wolves until a proper undertaker could arrive to prepare the body for a proper Meatslinger's funeral and burial, with all the dignity and grace deserved to a man of such talents.

A young newspaper writer would come with the undertaker, probably the undertaker's son or something, an enthusiastic dude trying to make his name with the first article on the biggest death that meat had ever seen... I imagine him looking a bit like a cross between Jimmy Olsen and Jack London as portrayed in that one Star Trek episode with Mark Twain?

He'd say "Mister, they say you're the greatest meatslinger ever and the second greatest ever just died in your arms as you wept bitter tears."

"...they say a lot of things, kid."

"They say you've mastered bacon, they say they're going to exterminate all pigs so no one can ever sully your work again. They say you're just that good. Can't you just give me a few words for my story?"

"I'm busy here, I have to see to the burial of a good man."

"But... but... it would make my career! They say you are a man of meat! They say you're a man of vision!"

And he would look down at the fallen meatcomrade who in the span of a few hours he had hated and respected and loved as only one meatslinger can love another and finally mourned as only one meatslinger can mourn another meat slinger... and then he would look at the dusty road ahead for him and the undertaker and the corpse and he would say:

"Yeah. One hell of a vision."

And the newspaper man would be left in that dust, to sit there and wonder.

This is what I was made to imagine.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 09:29:46 pm »


...and he would sit shiva with the body, fending off the wolves until a proper undertaker could arrive to prepare the body for a proper Meatslinger's funeral and burial, with all the dignity and grace deserved to a man of such talents.


The Meatslinger's own secret seven-spice dry-rub and three days of low-heat applewood smoking is the only funereal preparation required.

Onstad should be honored to be hung up and smoked. I would dip him, Hasmonean-style, into a tub of jamaican jerk sauce and cold-smoke until he is dessicated and mummified, an open-air burial that preserves his ka for the after life. His epitaph: A jerk he was in life, and jerked jerky he shall be ever after.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:34:15 pm by Bobby Isosceles »
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 10:10:35 pm »

Whoa....

Does Onstad make you feel inadequate, Bobby?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 10:16:20 pm »

so, in other words you want maximum cuddles plus marriage with Onstadt? Is that what you're saying here?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 12:18:44 am »

Do you guys really donate money to an animal rescue foundation? How much did you donate last year?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 12:22:17 am »

so, in other words you want maximum cuddles plus marriage with Onstadt? Is that what you're saying here?

He appears to want Mega Hugzz Plus Marriage with Onstad's ka in the afterlife, even. Freaky!
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 12:44:30 am »

Do you guys really donate money to an animal rescue foundation? How much did you donate last year?

None last year. The donation is new because the people donating the land (the vet clinic, with about 30 acres, ten or so of which will be for the concert grounds) are friends of mine, and they mentioned they were still in the hole for taking care of Katrina dogs. They refuse to destroy animals, so it's a cost that I'd like to help defray.

The origins of this lie in a joke I had to have donations to PETA on a day exclusively dedicated to eating factory-raised pork products.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 09:21:00 am »

Bobby, you are truly the best of us.

Any recipe that starts off with the assumption that one knows how to make bacon cheesecake is a truly wonderful thing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 04:01:26 pm »

He appears to want Mega Hugzz Plus Marriage with Onstad's ka in the afterlife, even. Freaky!

I wouldn't mind some free, non-mocking, publicity from him. I'm already giving a little promo video to the Tiki Bar TV guys.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 04:25:47 pm »

Meatslinger sounds more like a euphemism for porn star.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 02:01:05 pm »

Pictures from this year's event:

Baco de Mayo 2007
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Fuck you Onstad, I can out-bacon you anyday.
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 02:36:46 pm »

The redhead in the white shirt looks like my sister. I don't think she would appear at a bacon celebration, however.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up