Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Used Cars.  (Read 8757 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a vehicle...Advice?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 05:56:03 am »

I'm a blind Nissan fanboy, so take that into consideration when I say: consider an Altima.

In general I would go with a mainline model from an established line over a new model.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a vehicle...Advice?
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 06:04:30 am »

I'm a blind Nissan fanboy, so take that into consideration when I say: consider an Altima.

In general I would go with a mainline model from an established line over a new model.

Hmmmm....as you can tell from my ownership record I am also a Nissan fan. Of course, I've only had old beater pieces of shit, so a new Altima would be schweet.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a vehicle...Advice?
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 05:01:22 pm »

You want a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport w/ an I-6 and 4x4 w/ 67k on it in excellent shape 'cept for a little brush striping you can come get it for $7300. Tinted windows, Single CD & Tape + Stereo, Roof Rack, Power Windows/Brake/Steering. No bloodstains.

How much for delivery to Denver, Ash> ;)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a vehicle...Advice?
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 05:27:05 pm »

No bloodstains.

Not even in the trunk?

I swear we had a thread about car-buying advice once before, but I can't find it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Getting a vehicle...Advice?
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 06:22:12 pm »

How long a drive is it to Denver from Orange County?  I'm sure it would be a nice way to get to know your new vehicle.

Now, is that $7300 the "friend" price or the Kelly Blue Book value?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Getting a vehicle...Advice?
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 08:18:21 pm »

Not even in the trunk?

I swear we had a thread about car-buying advice once before, but I can't find it.

We did.

You can have my '99 Chevy Silverado w/ extended cab and ridiculous stereo for $8000. It's got about 70k miles on it. And I'm relatively nearby. I'd probably even drive it out if you wanted, but you'd really have to commit to buying it.


Blood sprays right out of that bedliner. Or so I'm told.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a vehicle...Advice?
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 12:24:14 am »

We did.

You can have my '99 Chevy Silverado w/ extended cab and ridiculous stereo for $8000. It's got about 70k miles on it. And I'm relatively nearby. I'd probably even drive it out if you wanted, but you'd really have to commit to buying it.


Blood sprays right out of that bedliner. Or so I'm told.

Ooooh. That sounds awesome. Let me think about it. I love Silverados. My dad has one and it's a thing of beauty to drive. Plus very badass. What kind of shape is it in?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 12:30:13 am »

I've got a '99 Chevy Silverado, 70k miles, 4x4, $2500 in aftermarket stereo equipment - you can have that for $8000.

After you buy it, I'm going to get me one of these. I can't wait.

Oh god, the new Z's are pure sex. I love them. Of course, I would never buy one living in Colorado because they're rear-wheel drive. Would never make it in the snow.

***EDIT: Mods, can you fuse my topic into this one?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Getting a vehicle...Advice?
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 01:38:34 am »

The only issue is some paint scuffs and a 1 cm hole in the driver's seat upholstery. Everything else about it is solid, and I've kept receipts for every penny I've spent on it, apart from gas.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 04:50:58 pm »

That price is off the top of Asherdan's head 'cause he wanted to use the word 'bloodstains'. The actual TOUAMBIE good fellow price is $6300.

Hey Nabu, does the truck have a tow package set up and receiver/hitch? What kind of bedliner? Still have accessible in bed tie downs?

1) Yes.
2) Standard pop-in (not sprayed in).
3) Tie-downs accessible in bed and on bed rails (the ones on the bed rails fold down so you can throw on a shell). Also, the bed rails have protectors.

I should point out that the vehicle is a 4x4 but does not have AC. It has manual seats and windows. It has molded hood and window protectors and behind-wheel splash guards. It has a "What the Hell, People" sticker, but it's on the tailgate rail protector for ease of removal (stickers there include "can I be punk too?" and "whitey will pay").
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 05:03:16 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 11:06:40 pm »

(Making a mental note, for in town driving.)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 01:48:22 am »

(Making a mental note, for in town driving.)

It's so fun to watch people's reactions as they pass me after seeing the 'whitey' sticker.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 12:36:22 pm »

A friend of mine got me a little "Whitey Will Pay" button from unamerican.com, and I used to wear it on the bus when I was commuting to work.

I'd get a lot of stares, but it was so small that people had to get in close to read it.  One time, this black lady got off the bus, leaned in to read the button (double-take style) and looked me in the face and said "mmm-HMMMM!"

Clean livin'.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 02:07:21 pm »

I had a guy jog down our street, go a little past the truck, make a u-turn and read all the stickers intently. When he jogged off it was with an evident look of distaste.

I also had a car full of young black men overtake me on the freeway - their looks of unadulterated joy quickly turned to confusion. I kind of felt bad for them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 03:55:16 pm »

I'd get a lot of stares, but it was so small that people had to get in close to read it.  One time, this black lady got off the bus, leaned in to read the button (double-take style) and looked me in the face and said "mmm-HMMMM!"

Happiness.

I also had a car full of young black men overtake me on the freeway - their looks of unadulterated joy quickly turned to confusion. I kind of felt bad for them.

Double Happiness.

Also, this reminds me of this t-shirt for local hip-hop group Dead Indians.  It would take a lot of balls for a white guy to wear this shirt I think.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up