Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used Cars.  (Read 8729 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2007, 04:10:07 pm »

Also, this reminds me of this t-shirt for local hip-hop group Dead Indians.  It would take a lot of balls for a white guy to wear this shirt I think.

You must be logged in to do that!

I'm pretty sure I've seen the shirt before, though - if it's the one I'm thinking of, they aren't the only ones who put it out.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 04:15:45 pm »

Oops, sorry... it's the Clevland Indians Logo, done up in black and white with x'ed out eyes.  I saw a kid on the bus wearing this t-shirt a few weeks ago, and he got up to give an old lady his seat, and she was actually afraid to take it.  It was really weird.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2007, 04:19:31 pm »

I had a shirt that was the "classic" shirt dude (all the alcohol, sex, marijuana stupid shirts with the almost silhouette dude) that said "Everything is Gonna Be All White."  The money went to a Native American school in Colorado called the Fightin' Whites, and it also said that on the shirt, with the school name on the back.  I thought it was funny as a High Schooler, but it was awkward wearing it in my African American class freshman year while reading slave women's liberation poetry to the class.  That was the last day I wore it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2007, 04:29:01 pm »

Oops, sorry... it's the Clevland Indians Logo, done up in black and white with x'ed out eyes.  I saw a kid on the bus wearing this t-shirt a few weeks ago, and he got up to give an old lady his seat, and she was actually afraid to take it.  It was really weird.

I was wrong - that was not the shirt I was thinking of.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2007, 05:19:50 pm »

My brother and I had a running gag of trying to come up with the strangest ideas for t-shirts.

One of them was just the Cleveland Indians Indian face with the words "SO fuck*ng HIGH" encircling his visage.

Another one was a skeleton in a leather jacket with a pink mohawk and the phrase "SKOOLZ OUT!" in ragged letters underneath.

We... we're pretty awesome, you understand.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2007, 05:22:57 pm »

My brother and I had a running gag of trying to come up with the strangest ideas for t-shirts.

One of them was just the Cleveland Indians Indian face with the words "SO fuck*ng HIGH" encircling his visage.

Another one was a skeleton in a leather jacket with a pink mohawk and the phrase "SKOOLZ OUT!" in ragged letters underneath.

We... we're pretty awesome, you understand.

That must be in a Nightlife Mingus sort of way :)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 06:39:35 pm »

Is there really a Native American school with a team called the Fighting Whites?  Wait, never mind, don't tell me if there isn't.  It's too good not to be true.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2007, 06:49:45 pm »

Is there really a Native American school with a team called the Fighting Whites?  Wait, never mind, don't tell me if there isn't.  It's too good not to be true.


Chris Rock had a funny bit about sports nicknames . . . can't find it on YouTube, unfortunately.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2007, 06:57:49 pm »

Is there really a Native American school with a team called the Fighting Whites?  Wait, never mind, don't tell me if there isn't.  It's too good not to be true.


There is.  I seem to recall some controversy about it a year or two back, and they made some national news.


Here we go:  Circa 2002, it appears.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Whites
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2007, 07:14:24 pm »


A little different from Keith's rendition of the story, but still good.

And the tshirts!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2007, 08:37:34 pm »

The hillbilly mascot is awesome.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2007, 12:39:30 am »

The shirt I was thinking of I actually saw today. It's this one.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2007, 02:36:18 am »

Ah yes, I was going to post a link to that one... but I don't think a white guy would get beaten for wearing that one.  I'm pretty sure you'd get a high five.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2007, 05:34:20 am »

is that what that shirt is? I stared at it for a good couple of minutes, not sure what exactly it was going for.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Used Cars.
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2007, 09:36:04 am »

A little different from Keith's rendition of the story, but still good.

And the tshirts!

Yeah, I haven't wore that in a long time, haven't thought about its origins in even longer.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up