Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Cast Fetish.  (Read 22332 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 07:44:08 am »

FYI, the most common time for an oven's heating element to fail is right after a cleaning cycle.  You might want to bake a pie (or simulate same) to make sure its still in working order.  Mine did this to me at Thanksgiving last year (cleaned it the day before).  Fortunately I had a plan B involving the barbecue.

Damn! Thank you for the heads up. I stopped the cleaning cycle midway through. After I got home, I tested it to make sure the heating elements still work. They sure do.

Also... In preparation for moving, Lenny has gotten really antsy. Earlier today he was yelling really loud and wouldn't stop. I picked him up and carried him around and cuddled him, but he seemed really stressed. Fortunately he calmed down a lot when I spent more time with him.

I'm going to the clinic tomorrow to pick up some Valium for the plane ride. For me and for them. I still have soooo much to do tomorrow in preparation for my walkthrough with the landlady. *sigh* I wish I had someone here with me, because this is super stressful. It would be so awesome if I had someone who would help me out with stuff so that I didn't have to do absolutely everything.  I guess that I can rest secure in the thought that I'll probably never have to do this in remote Alaska again?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 12:54:34 pm »

Been wearing Chucks, off and on, since about 1971. 

A pair of hightop Chucks were the status tennis shoe when I was in first and second grade.  I went through hell trying to convince my mother to buy me a pair.  Finally ended up with a black pair of lowtops.

In law school I was on an soccer team (called the Pro Boners, heh).  I used to wear a pair of red hightop Chucks (size 12) when I played indoor soccer.  It was a thing.

Now I have a pair over in the shoe shelf.  Have not worn them for a while.  I should probably dig them out.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 05:50:18 pm »

In law school I was on an soccer team (called the Pro Boners, heh).

This is maybe the best dorky grad-school intramural sports-team names I've ever heard. It certainly beats the crap out of the previous contender: my father's history-Ph.D.-student softball team, the Revisionists.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 06:26:10 pm »

This is maybe the best dorky grad-school intramural sports-team names I've ever heard. It certainly beats the crap out of the previous contender: my father's history-Ph.D.-student softball team, the Revisionists.

I'm assuming those two are the only candidates.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 01:06:35 am »

I also played on an intramural flag football team called "Big Hair". 

But my alltime favorite team name was one a friend of mine played on that was based in Arnold, Maryland.  The team was called the "Ziffels".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2007, 05:53:38 am »

In the CDC softball league in Atlanta, there is a team from the Diabetes program called the "Sweet Pees".
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 06:22:48 pm »

In the CDC softball league in Atlanta, there is a team from the Diabetes program called the "Sweet Pees".

I felt safer before i knew that the CDC participated in inter-office ball games. Maybe the CIA Anti-Terror squad has a WoW clan.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 09:27:45 pm »

I felt safer before i knew that the CDC participated in inter-office ball games. Maybe the CIA Anti-Terror squad has a WoW clan.

Holy shit, people in government offices engage in recreation activities with their coworkers?! Clearly the future of America is at stake! Time to start a WAR ON LEISURE.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:13:28 pm by V-Adore »
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2007, 10:02:54 pm »

I would only feel unsafe if I were playing against them.

To play against a ball team that controls disease is tantamount to playing against warlocks.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 02:11:32 am »

My friend's husband works at the local virology lab, working with Anthrax and Ebola and such.  She has a mug that says (with an official lab label) "Infected with Anthrax."  Her mug never gets stolen from her desk, unlike almost everything else in our office that isn't nailed down.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 02:18:06 pm »

I have a mug with a rat poison logo on it.  It gets weird looks.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2007, 09:55:35 pm »

My mom bought me a pair of pink chuck taylor hightops when I was eight. 

Also, the cast fetish is weird, but less gross than most things so I think I can live with the knowledge that it exists. 

I was horrified and amused to discover that Ray's cake-sitting fetish is a for-real thing.  People do this. 

Then again, I love short, hairy men, so who am I to talk? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2007, 01:45:25 am »

who am I to talk? 

A freaky hobbit lover?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2007, 08:56:15 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Cast Fetish.
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2007, 04:58:56 pm »

Mmmmmmmmm...Merry and Pippin...hobbit-licious!  (Shire-fabulous?) 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up