Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?  (Read 3444 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« on: April 17, 2007, 11:40:19 pm »

I imagine that many people here have at some point in their lives thought of making a webcomic. I imagine most people came to the conclusion that they lacked some combination of time, consistent cleverness, or discipline to actually do one.

So I think we could do something along these lines.

It's not terribly complicated. I imagine it going something like this:

1. Sign up (presumably here)
2. Send in a textless (word balloons optional) comic to some organizer (likely me).
3. Wait for a textless comic image created by a fellow touamb member to be sent to you (again by some undecided organizer).
4. Post the results in a thread created for this purpose.
5. Garnish with mint, if desired.

It is basically a kind of caption contest exchange kind of deal. Would anybody be interested? Do you have any suggestions? This is where you can post them!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 11:49:39 pm »

I think that would be pretty damn cool.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 12:12:42 am »

I have definitely never thought about making a webcomic, not even for a second.

I think this would be awesome but maybe more to watch other people being clever than trying to do it myself, you know? I think I could do pictures, but of course that's the easy part - then evillly dumping them on someone else who has to make them funny...
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 12:17:32 am »

My initial idea was to have everyone who participated do a picture and write a comic, but this is totally for convenience's sake. If we can get the numbers to work out with some people just drawing and others just writing that would be optimal.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 12:45:09 am »

In theory, I would love to be involved in this. Drawing or writing or both.

In practice, my graphic design skills are so completely limited that I have no idea how I'd contribute.

I... wouldn't even know how to put text on someone else's art and I'd just barely know how to scan in my own and send it on to you.

But if it got off the ground, I'd certainly try.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 06:47:09 am »

I'm happy doing some writing. My painting skills literally extend to Paint, so I can't draw up any juicy panels unless amateurness is okay.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:04:15 am »

I have to presume amateurishness is just fine. Otherwise, well, I'm in trouble too.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 10:36:55 am »

I'm amateur all round but I'm on board if you'll have me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 04:27:10 pm »

a.) I'm very surprised Rumjay has not posted in this thread yet.

b.) Judy: Best. User icon. Ever.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 10:46:51 pm »

I'll get on board once I get my scanner up and running again.  I love drawing.  I can't make any guarantees as far as timeliness goes, though.  Of course, this seems like it's a thing like with the mixdiscs, where you just send it back whenever you're done, so I'm guessing that won't be much of a problem.
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 04:37:10 am »

This sounds awesome! Hopefully there are no super pro artists around so all us amateurs won't feel sad.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 10:03:45 am »

As long as everyone's as amateur as they claim, I'm not to worried about being involved. That said, I can't draw for shit, though can persevere a little...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 01:23:29 pm »

You know there are a number of successful webcomics that don't involve drawing at all.  Dinosaur Comics, A Softer Life, Wondermark, Partially Clips, Alien loves Predator.... just off the top of my head.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 03:45:30 pm »

This is true... however, they all involve some sort of digital editing process, even if it's just as simple as putting text on the recovered photography. And... this is something I do not know how to do.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Whispered Apologies deal?
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 09:08:23 pm »

I am totally into this, but lack many of the skills required to make it happen.  If others can give me really broken down, step by step guidance for the technical side of things, I'm in.  I've quickly drawn up a strip.  I don't have a scanner, but could find one, but then... what?  I'd love to write for one that someone else draws too.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up