Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand  (Read 5058 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 04:33:46 am »

Reading this flowchart made me so confused this morning that I truly thought it was Friday.

But I liked the story of Ricky Nihoha.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

isunklower

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12
  • EXTREME
    • View Profile
Re: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 05:46:32 am »

I think Onstad mixed up Blister and Todd in the way the squirrel is talking in this strip.  There is copious use of "frikkin" but only one stutter and its in all-caps.  Something seems wrong.

These flowcharts are following thoughts, remember.  It would really suck to have to think with a stutter. 

Also...


wtf is that?  Or is that just total common knowledge, and I should be all ashamed? 

It looks like a kit to fake out your friends, when you can't train your real squirrel to water ski, and you felt real embarrassed about it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 05:52:25 am by isunklower »
Logged
if it is regular yellow lemonade / my dong goes all flaccid

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 04:04:57 pm »

Also...
wtf is that?  Or is that just total common knowledge, and I should be all ashamed? 

If you like shooting at things other than paper targets, but don't feel happy wasting actual critters for your own amusement, you can shoot at metal silhouettes that pop back up after you knock them over. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 04:15:18 pm »

Last time we got a flowchart it led into a month-long story arc.  Are we about to witness an arc with Todd as the principal character?  Are we ready for such a thing?

NO.

Didn't think so.  Although this made for a nice one-off.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 04:52:39 am »

I'ma bump the fuck out of this, because I haven't actually read the strip from, apparently, April. No comments on the Renault Iditarod? Even from Somebody nice? Huh. Well, I liked it.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 09:59:43 pm »

I'ma bump the fuck out of this, because I haven't actually read the strip from, apparently, April. No comments on the Renault Iditarod? Even from Somebody nice? Huh. Well, I liked it.

I didn't understand the Renault Iditarod reference...What does it mean?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 01:15:09 am »

Well, it doesn't mean anything more to me than a reference to the Iditarod, but that was enough for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 02:43:21 am »

I just figured it was a race across Alaska in a bunch of Le Cars.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 06:04:50 am »

This is my birthday strip.



Oh, I am drunk and I already said that.  Who would have known this would happen the day OU beat the U.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: April 18th, 2007: A Big Metal Flip-off Sticking Out of the Sand
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 06:09:25 am »

This is my birthday strip.



Oh, I am drunk and I already said that.  Who would have known this would happen the day OU beat the U.

Whoa! Have you always had 221 cans? That's a lot of cans.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up