Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club  (Read 4927 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« on: April 18, 2007, 05:39:54 pm »

Onstad:
4/2 - Father's Bacon 1.
4/4 - Bacon #2.
4/11 - A blog about base-ball.
4/13 - Jowl Bacon.
Pat:
4/11 - Soytopia.

Molly:
4/16 - Molly's A-List.

Nice Pete:
4/18 - Nice Pete Dines Alone.

Ray:
4/20 - Ray goes to a Museum

I find a little menace in Nice Pete's "at least for a while" here:

Quote
I cooked one tonight, while Pat was away with his new fellow. Guess I'm going to be doing a lot of cooking on my own for at least a while.

I am excited to see how Nice Pete further reacts to the budding relationship between Rod & Pat. Will he commit the Murder Act upon Rod when he discovers Rod's profession? Or will he react with "Oh, how good the pornography film was, filled with fine kisses and displays of coquetry made well between handsome men. I believe that I shall try my hand at this Pornography following my next novel, and it will be called A Fine Pornography. Perhaps Rod will be willing to assist me."

I actually don't know if I want him to go down that road.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 07:44:09 pm »

A Fine Pornography = raw, unfiltered terror. Thanks.

Also, having caught up on Molly's blog: what is it with dudes and breakfast for dinner? My father is nuts about it, and other rudimentary-cooking-skill having guys I have met are also kind of obsessed with the idea of eating eggs and bacon at night. Is it the idea that that way you only need to learn how to cook one dish?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 07:48:01 pm »

there is no way he will brook pornography, not whatsoever.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 07:50:10 pm »

A tiny can for such a useful and librariesque catching-up on the blogs for the board.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 08:16:12 pm »

Also, having caught up on Molly's blog: what is it with dudes and breakfast for dinner?

This requires no explanation.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 08:27:46 pm »

No, seriously, I'm curious about it. Maybe I just haven't met the right people, but enthusiasm for this concept tends to divide right down gender lines.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 09:08:47 pm »

You probably don't get cold pizza for breakfast.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 09:11:06 pm »

No, cold pizza for breakfast is delicious. (It's possible that I'm just working off an irrational prejudice against traditional breakfast foods, here.)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 09:14:50 pm »

The Technical Staff will not eat breakfast food for dinner. Or dinner food for breakfast. I will do either, although I always heat my pizza no matter what time of day it is.

This reminds me that while he is out of town I should have pancakes and sausage for dinner.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 09:50:24 pm »

The Technical Staff

I just realised that this is your beau and not a group of people you work with at the zoo. I cannot tell you how much clearer certain aspects of this board are now.

Carry on.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 10:03:27 pm »

V, the appeal of breakfast for dinner lies in the fact that the breakfast menu has some of the most delicious and hearty fare known to man (or woman) and it's ridiculous that these items should be only available in the morning.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 10:29:21 pm »

I am a lady and cannot remember a time in my life when I was not thrilled about the prospect of breakfast foods at other times in the day.

Nowadays it's because I get up so early and don't have time to make delicious, elaborate breakfasts; I generally just grab a yogurt and go. Thus,  bacon, eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, and waffles are more nighttime foods for me. Or Sunday-sleping-in-afternoon foods. But that's the only day I have time for them.

Breakfast foods are excellent.

EDIT: Oh, and danishes, and donuts, and cinnamon rolls - all things which I have consumed at lunch or dinner. Dannng, I love breakfast foods. Every single American breakfast food I can think of is a delicious, delicious item.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 10:48:08 pm »

let's be honest. Breakfast foods are wonderful.

Especially waffles. Waffles and sausages are all I need to be happy in this life. Bacon, eggs, bagels, egg/bacon/bagel sandwiches...

ok basically I love breakfast food.

The cafeteria here serves breakfast burritos every day. I haven't had one since the first day I was here... I never have time/wake up early enough to eat breakfast.

I have vowed to do so before the year is through, though... which means before the end of next week.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 10:50:53 pm »

Breakfast food is the tastiest (and often sugariest) meal. Why should we limit ourselves?
I think it's also partly once a dude gets on his own he likes to do things he knows his mother would disapprove of, but maybe I just have issues.

Also: Organically ruined dreams!!!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: April Blog-of-the-Month-Club
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 11:17:42 pm »

No, seriously, I'm curious about it. Maybe I just haven't met the right people, but enthusiasm for this concept tends to divide right down gender lines.

It is also a cultural thing. In Poland, for instance, fried eggs, bacon, and fried potatoes is a not uncommon dinner. On the other hand, this is the reason why I can't eat hash browns with my breakfast - because it's too much like dinner.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up