Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN  (Read 2781 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« on: October 05, 2003, 05:47:01 am »

server: irc.evilpaws.org
port: 6667
channel: #roastbeef

Come one, come all! Meet your favorite board personae, should they happen to be logged on! Make friends and jokes, have fun at a bargain basement price! It's free! Enjoy yourselves!

Why not? It's somebody else's dime, right?

C'mon.. you know you wanna...
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 07:46:04 am »

Will this be a persistent thing? 'cause I'm noticing this post at 3:42 AM, and right now it's too damn late for IRC, but tomorrow...
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 04:57:55 pm »

I waited until 2:52 a.m. and gave up.

All you have to do is join the room to keep it open; unfortunately, this means there will usually not be anyone there.

But it's there to be had, at any rate.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 06:37:30 pm »

Yeah, I dropped in, and it was eerily empty.
If you got a server running somewhere you could always set up a bot to keep it open. I know most IRC servers frown heavily on bots but most tend not to care when it's for a good cause, and you can set up a bot as an information service and get away with it that way too.

Of course, might all be too much work!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2003, 11:14:59 pm »

As of 7:12 PM Eastern time, I'm sitting in there. Come and chill if'n you want.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 12:32:32 am »

Hmmmm. Sits around in there for now, and gets highly confused by all those US time zones...
Ah yes, so you didn't wanna hang around alone for an hour and a half then!
Makes sense.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 02:01:51 am »

I'm on.  I won't be on much, but I'll leave it up all night.

No one's there now. I used to IRC a LOT back when I was first online (c. 1995-97) but haven't even installed mIRC in a few years.

So you should all feel special that I deemed you IRC-worthy.

-- J. (I'm either "bloom" or "outside" on IRC, btw, and am amused that I'm still listed as an Op on DalNet)

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 02:30:39 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Hmmmm. Sits around in there for now, and gets highly confused by all those US time zones...
Ah yes, so you didn't wanna hang around alone for an hour and a half then!
Makes sense.


Eastern = UTC -5
Central = UTC -6
Mountain = UTC -7
Pacific = UTC -8

Except during Daylight Saving, then you add 1 to each of those.

I'm pretty sure DS is different here vs. the UK. We have it until the the last Sun. in October and IIRC it's already over in England.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 02:48:01 am »

Ehm.
I honestly can't remember when DST changes over here. I just kind of, see it crop up. I think it's the 21st though. Or therabouts, next Sunday maybe, or thereafter.
I know we're still on summer time at the moment. What with me not having been late for appointments or work yet.
And yea, I know Eastern time, took me some remembering mind. And I had to figure out that pacific was 8 hours after Onstad always saying it'd be a noon posting. But the middle ones, I wasn't aware of really, though through common sense I should have been.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
IRC CHANNEL NOW OPEN
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 03:02:55 am »

I'm so on there RIGHT NOW.

Come by, freaks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up