Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home  (Read 42708 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home

Sweet, I got "Somebody nice" as my username. So far I've just rated a few strips, and I guess that you can leave comments. Anyone else sign up for this shindig?

**EDIT** Fixed link, thanks Drastic.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:59:16 pm by linnea »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://m.assetbar.com/achewood
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 07:30:21 pm »

http://m.assetbar.com/achewood

Sweet, I got "Somebody nice" as my username. So far I've just rated a few strips, and I guess that you can leave comments. Anyone else sign up for this shindig?

Quoth the server: 404
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://m.assetbar.com/achewood
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 07:39:57 pm »

Quoth the server: 404

It must be flooded with crazed Achewood fans. I had a hell of a time with sending requests. It took a long time for me to be able to set up my profile because the server's overloaded.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://m.assetbar.com/achewood
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 09:51:45 pm »

I was wondering when a thread for this would appear!  Also, that link seems wrong, as this works fine.

I am completely unable to register a user on there, though.  It just reloads the page whenever I hit the 'join' box.
Logged
~

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://m.assetbar.com/achewood
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 09:57:57 pm »

I was wondering when a thread for this would appear!  Also, that link seems wrong, as this works fine.

I am completely unable to register a user on there, though.  It just reloads the page whenever I hit the 'join' box.

I had to wait after trying to hit the "join" button about a million times. I guess that the server traffic ebbed just long enough for me to start a profile. Keep trying.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Quote
There has never been a better time to put your money on information decay. Or to hedge against properly structured English-language paragraphs.

Come deeper into Achewood. Talk amongst yourselves. See a picture of a cute girl from Nova Scotia, or a boy named Hellos4Hubert. 

So, we are being replaced by a place where people type sentence fragments in text-message speak? And you are all joining?

I guess I should try to join in case everyone disappears from here but I am kind of freaked out.


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

OK, maybe I am an idiot, but how did you guys find this? I don't see a link on the main page.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest

I'm, uh... kind of sad and scared.

Don't go, people I know can type whole sentences! It's cold on the rest of the Internet, and there are wolves.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

Fuck that shit.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Heh, I'll try again then.

I found out about it through a bulletin on a site that does not deserve a name.  I don't really see it as a way of replacing this place -- I suspect this place would remain even if achewood terminated.  It might be useful for archival purposes though.
Logged
~

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I joined in a big hurry because of how traumatic I found it when I couldn't get the username wombat on flickr and gmail.

But after looking around... yeah, fuck that shit, pretty much.

Unless Onstad starts getting angry and closing down comments. Then I would be nostalgically tempted.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I found out about it through a bulletin on a site that does not deserve a name.

No, please, tell me the worst. Where are those people coming from?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

Does Onstad have anything to do with it?  It looks like something that could be applied to any site as some sort of adjunct.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Well I doubt he wrote the code but he sure talks like he's got something to do with it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

I too am completely unable to join. Hitting the "join" button just refreshes the page.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up