Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home  (Read 42640 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest

You know what? If someone else registers "V-Adore," I really don't care. Hell, I'm tempted to register it myself and only use it to post disturbing messages alluding to Mega Hugzz-related desire. If Onstad wants information decay, then information decay he shall have!
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

Ok, it worked like butta with Safari but treats Firefox like some kind of bastard.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace

Not working on Firefox or IE. Hmm.

Love this, also:
Quote
This is Achewood's answer to that confusing glut of inscrutable text messages, video game blogs about RSS feed ringtones, and pictures of a kitten saying “IM ON UR HOTDOG EATING UR MUSTARD.”

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

I'm, uh... kind of sad and scared.

Don't go, people I know can type whole sentences! It's cold on the rest of the Internet, and there are wolves.

Don't worry, you guys! I will stay now that I have regular, quasi-dependable internet access.

Onstad posted it as a bulletin on his MySpace page, and that's how I found it. By the time I went over there, 191 people had already joined. I think you can only see bulletins that your MySpace Friends post. Onstad also posted his "secret garage sales" on MySpace before posting the link on the Achewood main page.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

See, I knew Myspace was going to be the downfall of civilization. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

Got Judy as an account, but I'm pretty sure everything I could want from that site is on TOUAMB.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

Wow, I signed up, but I have no energy.  Rate the posts themselves?  What the hell is that for? 

Anyway, it looks like capitol "c" style Crap to me.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest

That and this place has basically been an altar to his work for 3+ years and he's done the equivalent of sticking a pinky finger up our ass and yell "IT'S MILKING TIME".

I do find it kind of sadly ironic that, after years of on-and-off hostility against the message-board audience, he has decided that the proper discussion mode for his strip is something even shorter and more inane than message boards. Does he believe that more than "that rox d00d todd s teh awesum" being typed about any one strip constitutes fanfic?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

El Guapo, can you bring some of that goodness to this site?  I think it'd be cool to rate the post..  Don't tell myspace about it though.  Fuck that shit indeed.

Onstad really hates us.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I do find it kind of sadly ironic that, after years of on-and-off hostility against the message-board audience, he has decided that the proper discussion mode for his strip is something even shorter and more inane than message boards.

Quoted for depressing truth. I am guessing that he thinks it will bring in a bigger part of the t-shirt-buying demographic. I suppose he has to make a living.

Rating the posts - it's just a totally lame version of awarding tiny cans.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile

Hopefully this will result in some altruistic soul transcribing some more Achewoods onto ohno*****, but otherwise I'm pretty severely unimpressed. Whatever.
Logged

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile

I'm annoyed that the archive page on that thing lets you see thumbnails of a month's worth of strips at a time, whereas the archive page on the actual Achewood site does not. This is a useful feature.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

I wonder how long it'll take me to make 'stad hate that thing.

Oh you SO get a can for that. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile

Alt-text has been disabled for some reason.
Logged

mczapp

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile

I think Onstad, despite being Over Thirty, has the right idea about things, even if the  implementation will be rocky as he makes the painful growth spurt to Web 2.0 trendiness.

Plus, I always thought TUOAMB was kinda gay and incestuous.  Sorry.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14   Go Up