I think touamb is a group of people who consume their internet in a distinctly late 1990s (or at least pre-Friendster / LJ) style and this... offering... is for those who are more modern in their habits... integrated with the content directly, providing metadata, all that jazz. Before we get snippy, let's remember that we're looking at version 0.5 or so (you basically can't develop modern web software past a certain point without letting the public test it) so sit back and wait and see if its something you care about.
Right now I'll say kudos on making it unobtrusive.
Yeah, I was just typing up something eerily similar to this, but I figured one of you cats would beat me to it. There's absolutely no reason these two places can't co-exist. Admittedly, I pretty much just lurk here, but I really enjoy stopping by to hear the reactions to the strips and whatnot, since people here tend to give opinions/observations of substance. This new thing is fun too, though; it's been a blast to go through the archive and see an ever-growing list of peoples' varying reactions to old favorites. They're just two very different experiences, and I think people who want a more in-depth discussion of Achewood are still going to find their way here.
I will say, though, that despite my respect for a lot of you here, it seems kinda crappy that the near-unanimous reaction to this feature has been to troll the hell out of it. Like, c'mon, guys. I realize there are some lingering sour grapes between folks here and Onstad, but that kind of behavior really reeks of Hunt's tomato ketchup.