Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home  (Read 42681 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

to reiterate: it's almost like he got the "substance" of web 2.whatever instead of the "style." Which is great and all, but... IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE PRETTY! COME ON!

I am in hell, when I look at his asset-website.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Damn, Fark.com has gotten fuuuugly!  I'm all for substance over style, but there's a point where the layout of a site actively turns you off from participating.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile

This Starbucks doesn't do that; in fact, it links to Jough's T-shirt vendery somewhere, hence competition.

Is this true?! No wonder Onstad sees this place as a threat. It's pretty cheeky to set up a tribute to a webcomic then link stuff you're selling through it. It's not illegal or WRONG as such, just a bit cheeky.

This infighting is seriously weak, guys. I really enjoy reading this board- some hella intelligent discussion happening- but railing against this new (free) thing and threatening (even half-heartedly) to make Onstad hate it is really dumb.

I said it, de-can me at will.  :'(
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Is this true?! No wonder Onstad sees this place as a threat. It's pretty cheeky to set up a tribute to a webcomic then link stuff you're selling through it. It's not illegal or WRONG as such, just a bit cheeky.


Yeah, well, Word Front doesn't sell anything Achewood related, though.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

This infighting is seriously weak, guys. I really enjoy reading this board- some hella intelligent discussion happening- but railing against this new (free) thing and threatening (even half-heartedly) to make Onstad hate it is really dumb.

I said it, de-can me at will.  :'(

Seconded, seconded, seconded. I understand why people are annoyed with this (it kinda boils my cabbage too) but live and let live and all that. No matter how moronic the people get over there, I've still got Achewood and I still have a place to discuss it intelligently.

Also, who here can deny that the comments on AssBar didn't make you feel like a better human being by comparison?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile


Also, who here can deny that the comments on AssBar didn't make you feel like a better human being by comparison?

Oh yes.

Also, interesting observation by Ash on how the format of the thing is inherently anti-thread-wandering. Which means all the less chance that Onstad will have to start admininstering the smackdowns and locking things, like small times.... unfortunately. It was the only thing I was looking forward to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest

Yeah, I can't say in the balance it bothers me that much. Onstad's strip, Onstad's rules; I think he's being a hypocrite, but I also think that's his right, and if he sells more shirts this way, more power to him. Merchandise support allows us all to have the comic, whether or not we're even remotely literate.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

Hey, I am all about bringing people who want actual conversation over here and keeping the fucktards over there.  That is what I am about.  Last I checked, a few of the horrible trolls from this board, including Geysershitdick, are over there.  Basically it is already a universe bound to collapse in on itself.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

So long as I have the option of seeing the strip without that crap, I'm happy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AutomaticJames

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile

Asherdan, someone linked this thread from an Achewood discussion thread on another board. 

You are an enormous cock, I hope some day you can come to terms with this.

Thank you.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

It is awesome that other people are coming over to check us out.

AJ, while you're here, why not check out TOUAMB?  Maybe you can grow a larger cock too... I mean, isn't calling a man an enormous cock a compliment?  I mean, I think an enormous cock is a good thing...  The fear of cock exposure and giant condoms in Achewood is an interesting theme.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 11:25:57 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Say nice things about Asherdan's Cock.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

On the otherhand, I just picked up an achewood-enhancing tip from the assetbar:  there's a Firefox extension called Long Titles that allows you to read the entire alt-text when it overflows the default buffer.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

Most assetbar commenters think three dollars is a good price for wine.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Teldin

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile

How in the hell are you supposed to follow all the comment "threads" on that thing, I glanced it over earlier and it's all just.. indented a few spaces? is there some supar secret trick to making it look readable?

Also, "web 2.0" is the dumbest thing the media ever invented.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14   Go Up