Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home  (Read 42663 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

Most assetbar commenters think three dollars is a good price for wine.

You never had Trader Joe's 3 Buck Chuck? That shit got a glowing endorsement on CNBC, The WSJ, and The Food Channel.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

You never had Trader Joe's 3 Buck Chuck? That shit got a glowing endorsement on CNBC, The WSJ, and The Food Channel.

I've had it and it's pretty decent.  Tastes like wines that cost at least 50% more.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

Basically as long as I can still get Achewood as it is now from achewood.com I will happily trundle along and pretend that that assetbar thing doesn't exist.

If it changes so that I have to look at that hell of ugly site, well, I won't stop reading Achewood, but I won't be pleased.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Basically as long as I can still get Achewood as it is now from achewood.com I will happily trundle along and pretend that that assetbar thing doesn't exist.

If it changes so that I have to look at that hell of ugly site, well, I won't stop reading Achewood, but I won't be pleased.

Man alive you can't hate on something just cause it's ugly.

Otherwise no one would be friends with Jough.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

well, you know, Jough can't help it. The website can be fixed easily.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

Also I don't have to look at Jough each time I want to read the latest Achewood.

Unless Onstad institutes Jough-O-Vision.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

Also I don't have to look at Jough each time I want to read the latest Achewood.

Unless Onstad institutes Jough-O-Vision.

That would be like the Magical Mexican Realism camera, only far more enervating.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Jough-O-Vision.
All Jough hacking into the website each day as the comic is uploaded.
All an embedded flash video of him presenting the comic in a sexy little dress.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

All Jough hacking into the website each day as the comic is uploaded.
All an embedded flash video of him presenting the comic in a sexy little dress.

Thank you, I always wanted to know what it was like to vomit out my kidneys.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

I'm thinking if this happens Jough will be breaking through the wall all critiquing the comic Simon Le Cowell style
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

As I am a huge fan of strange obscure protests against things that no one will ever notice but are funny to, like, five people... perhaps the posting-ranking "Onstad's Left Shoe" should be turned into something appropos to these current issues.

At 1500 posts, you become "Down with Asset Bar!" or some such.

Only five of us would giggle but OH, how we would giggle.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Among the many ways in which this thing sucks is that I can't seem to stay logged in.  If I come back the next day it still looks like I am logged in - my name and picture are still up there at the corner of the screen - but then when I click on anything it says something like "We are having trouble figuring out who you are, please relogin."

Well DANG look up at the corner of the screen where it SAYS who I am.

Between this and there being no way to identify new posts since last time... with all the messageboards in the world these days, is this really the best software he could find?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Among the many ways in which this thing sucks is that I can't seem to stay logged in.  If I come back the next day it still looks like I am logged in - my name and picture are still up there at the corner of the screen - but then when I click on anything it says something like "We are having trouble figuring out who you are, please relogin."

Well DANG look up at the corner of the screen where it SAYS who I am.

Oh wow, I had the exact same reaction.  "You can't figure out who I am?  It says who I am right there!" 

Assbar people.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

I took a look... gave it a shot. I would be very sad if that were the only means I had to communicate to others about Achewood. Thankfully, that is not the case.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

yeah I tried it out.  It is cool to post on old strips, but the "reply" feature makes the new strips a pain in the ass to get through.  I probably won't use it again.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14   Go Up