Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home  (Read 42600 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes

This was added just in time for people getting high RIGHT THIS MINUTE to post all their great ideas about the storyline.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

I am always getting high right this minute, and this does not appeal to me.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes

DO NOT TAKE ME SO SERIOUSLY

It's bad for my self image
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

This was added just in time for people getting high RIGHT THIS MINUTE to post all their great ideas about the storyline.

I bet he's getting deluged with requests for the Stoned Lightning shirts.
Logged

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile

I DON'T LIKE THIS.
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

I DON'T LIKE THIS.

I can no longer click on 'archive', hit control-F and search for a keyword (for example, if I wanted a strip on Roast Beef's depression, I'd type "depression" and Firefox would highlight it using Technicolor Grep-O-Vision).

Instead I get something with thumbnails and I have to create an account to do things and categorizing by date and not being able to search by witty titles.

Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

I can no longer click on 'archive', hit control-F and search for a keyword (for example, if I wanted a strip on Roast Beef's depression, I'd type "depression" and Firefox would highlight it using Technicolor Grep-O-Vision).

Instead I get something with thumbnails and I have to create an account to do things and categorizing by date and not being able to search by witty titles.

http://www.achewood.com/list.php still links to the old archive.  Don't know for how long, though.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

Wow, I just took a look at AssBar, and it's just gotten a whole lot shittier.  No one is saying anything deeper than "I liked it" without a shit storm hitting them from all directions.  And I'm not just talking about Ash.  There are obviously people there interested in getting in to an actual dialogue who are basically being told to shut the fuck up unless they're there to keep it banal.  Hopefully people who are interested in actual converstaion will head over here. 

If you're a n00b reading this, please consider signing up here.  Don't let the people on AssBar who are critical of TOUAMB confuse you - a lot of them are former trolls of this board who expressed extremely psychotic behavior before they were sent on their way.  The doors are open here.  You can have an actual opinion here.  Huuugs!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

That really is astounding, what's going on over there. 49 comments, and right now only seven survive - one of which is an admin post, and I'm guessing protected. I don't know whether to join in the fun or let it be.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

So yea this whole thing went to shit at supersonic speed.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

I was going to join so I could take a look at it, but some douchebag already registered as "jough" (like, on the first day) and I figured I wouldn't bother.  I have no idea what Fake Jough is saying over there, but I hope it includes stuff about alcoholism and wife-beating.  That way it'll be like I'm posting there myself.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

Fake Jough doesn't seem to be posting, in case you're worried.  Otherwise, don't worry.  You're really not missing much.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

Um. Late in the discussion, but kind of happy to, after all the dust has settled. Kinda like talking to the backs of everyone leaving the room, but.

I think TOUAMB is the place to bitch unintelligently (or even intelligently, we won't judge) about Achewood. Can't imagine myself going to Onstad's board and complaining about my free entertainment, it would be like going to his door and pissing on it. But here it's all fair - also love for posts with more than one paragraph, properly spelled and punctuated, which is always nice as it lends an aura of gravitas and much relevance to nitpicky remarks about cartoon cat cock. TOUAMB, you are the place to talk about cartoon cat cock, and no one will take that from you.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:41:53 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

You could always register as "the real jough" and... just occasionally mention, in passing, how your job involves fighting ghosts in a jalopy with a gorilla. Not like often, just really sly. "Well, it's like I say when my gorilla and I are capturing a ghost..."

If it would make you feel any better, if I ever posted on assbar, I would occasionally hint at the idea that the Hammerman cartoon was based mostly on real concepts and that the reason MC Hammer's career went down the shitter was that he lost his magical shoes, I found them and am a superhero of some kind.

All of our backstories could subtly involve plot elements from forgotten cartoons.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest

All of our backstories could subtly involve plot elements from forgotten cartoons.

This is a pretty classic idea. I'm very much tempted.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14   Go Up