Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home  (Read 42639 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

- also love for posts with more than one paragraph, properly spelled and punctuated, which is always nice as it lends an aura of gravitas and much relevance to nitpicky remarks about cartoon cat cock.

Hear, hear.

I think Jough has the right idea, delegating someone to post for him on Assbar.  Speaking of which did it really never occur to them that that product/company name was so easily open to ridicule?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

You want to hear a company name that wasn't well thought out when it comes to abbreviation?  Through the children's theatre I was recently in touch with the Manitoba Childcare Association, and while I was on the phone with them, I jotted down some notes.  I went back to the notes a few days later: "Call the Man. Child. Ass."  What?!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

I know it was something that we thought about a lot when it came to naming our kid.  It was my responsibility to examine candidate names and initials for potential to humiliate.  I wish my brother-in-law had done the same.  My niece's initials are E.A.T., which some of her less sympathetic classmates have exploited.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

my former classmate Kelly had the initials KAT, while her brother Richard was RAT.

PS my friend Bryan saw MC Hammer, and his ##### ripped at the crotch mid-song. He was wearing BVD's.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

You want to hear a company name that wasn't well thought out when it comes to abbreviation?  Through the children's theatre I was recently in touch with the Manitoba Childcare Association, and while I was on the phone with them, I jotted down some notes.  I went back to the notes a few days later: "Call the Man. Child. Ass."  What?!

I do a bunch of luciferase reporter assays at work, and I save the results as Excel files with the name format "reporterassayDD_MM_YY".

Unfortunately, Windows doesn't display the whole name, so my computer desktop is covered in files named "reporterass...".
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

My wife's initials were SEW. Now that we're married, they're SEE. She likes the fact that her initials spelled a word before AND that they still do now.

I remember a girl in elementary school whose middle name was Renee. She said her parents intended to give her the middle name of Serena, but then that would have made her initials ASS. They should have rolled with it, I say.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

My initals are PM and my sisters initials are AM (or they were).  When we were young we had seperate water bottles in the fridge labeled PM and AM which caused some confusion among guest on a number of occasions.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest

If I end up marrying the SO and taking his name, my initials will be ARC. This bothers me a little for some reason, although I think it may just be an attachment to my V.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Any woman should maintain good feelings toward her V, before and after marriage. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

triiple clutcher

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile

one thing I noticed about the new setup that I don't believe has been mentioned is that some of the comics lost quality when they were transferred (ie: the spotty greyscaling here).

but I don't really see the whole Assetbar thing lasting very long, so I suppose it doesn't matter that much.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Also, I basically find the people there terrifying. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Oh, reposting this link that I promised:

http://touamb.com/images/onstad/

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

I'm not sure whether it's encouraging or depressing that Onstad looks just as dorky as the rest of us.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

wow, yeah. I would totally be his TOUAMB friend. Too bad he writes the thing, he could probably be a cool guy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I am not sure what to think about Jough having kept all these pictures. Thorough documentation, or creepy-stalkery?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14   Go Up