Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad's latest Achewood Supplement: http://martini.assetbar.com/achewood/home  (Read 42648 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

I'll bet Onstad did it.

Oh fuck - now THAT'S funny.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

I've never read the Ass, because it requires you to register and log in, and someone already took the name I'd use.

Ah well.
I'll bet Onstad did it.

Oh fuck - now THAT'S funny.


DUE TO PUNISHMENT! Daaamn!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Does he post things about getting drunk and beating his own wife?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

Does he post things about getting drunk and beating his own wife?

I wouldn't put it past him - remember the open letter to the greeting card companies?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

No.

That's worth a can, I guess. I wish I didn't.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace

I want that. As much as I spend my time pretending I'm not like everyone else ever to graduate from that goddamn school, I love the fuck out of it. I love the fact that I couldn't stand the kids there half the time, but really they were all reasonably good people. I love the fake politeness. I love the endless legions of gorgeous blonde girls in cute polos and skirts. I love the dads who either work at Wachovia, work at Bank of America, or are lawyers/doctors. I want to be them. Why? I want to be a fuck*ng rat in the rat race. I want my kids to have southern accents, and I want to have a son with a "III" after his name.

I LOVE THE SOUTH AND THE PEOPLE THERE.

My boyfriend and I just went up north (his first time past baltimore) to visit my family, and I found myself hankering for y'all.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

Indeed. The South is where it's at, y'all.

Although now, post-move, my wife is getting mad because I've almost drawn the "might could/might would/might should" into my normal speech pattern.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

...people say that here? really?

I am starting to feel like having grown up here without developing a Southern Accent is like...
I can't even think of what it's like. Basically I really wish that I had one.

So now I have to marry a girl with a southern accent, and move to the south, thus ensuring that my children will have said accents.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

Indeed. The South is where it's at, y'all.

Although now, post-move, my wife is getting mad because I've almost drawn the "might could/might would/might should" into my normal speech pattern.

Personally, I use "might oughta."
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

my roommate uses "fi'n ta," as in "fixing to."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron

A thing people say here at work is "took and" - as in "I took and cleaned the truck" or "so we took and spotted the heaters". It is a filler. I think it might be from the midwest.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest

I have become fond of "might could" and "might should," although I really couldn't tell you why. As filler words, they seem to have a certain grace and meaning-broadening that "fixing to" and similar don't quite for me.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

I live in the capital of the midwest and I've never heard that.

In Pittsburgh they say that things "needs fixed" instead of "needs fixin'" like they do down south.

Of course, the Pittsburghians are a weird lot anyway.  I mean, yunz?  What's up with that?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

You people are talking non-sense.  Seriously I can't understand half of these bastardizations of the language.... eh?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up