Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 24th, 2007 - You Think I Just Fell Off the Not Knowin' You Boat Yesterday?  (Read 4060 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

We won one game out of eight that summer and our marketing plan was a rousing success, inasmuch as we planned to position ourselves as pale, awkward nerds who can't hit or throw but who will talk to you about bands between innings.


From a marketing perspective, losing was probably exactly the right thing to do.  How well are you going to like a bunch of guys who come around and kick your ass at softball?  It's like losing to your boss at golf. 

There are two options:

A)  Those pencil-necked geeks ain't real good ball players, but they knows their music.  I sure do like listening to Screwball and the Mayonnaise Man on my way to work in the morning;

OR

B)  Those fuck*ng cheaty assed bastards.  Spike-sliding, knuckle ball throwing, third-base stealing, Toto playing fucks!  From now on, I'm stickin' with Johnnie Thang on the big Z-103 in the mornings.

While option B is clearly better for your masculine pride, option A is probably better for the ratings.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

I for one respect a competitive spirit in my radio announcers.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

Once upon a time, I worked for a software support outsourcer.   Someone came up with the idea of having a corporate softball team.   Realizing that we were all pencil necks with very little chance of being competitive, we signed up for the lowest ranked league in the area.

The "A" league contains gentlemen, who wear some form of baseball sock over tights.  We were in the "D" league.  Only a t-shirt with your team's name written in masking tape is required.

We started a weekly practice.   I was elected pitcher, but never quite got the hang of the underhanded, has to arc above 12 feet (that seems high.  I may be.) pitches.   

We learned a tough lesson when the first game was played.  Our co-ed team was made up of folks between 25-50 years old.   Our team had "Software" in the name.   Our opponent's team was comprised of 18 to 20 year olds.  Their team name had "Hay" in the name.

We sat at desks and ate donuts for a living.   These kids bailed hay.

It was short, bloody, and demoralizing.  Each game, the entire season, was a loss to the 15 run rule.

Somewhere along the way, a pitch was returned as a line drive right into the pitching rubber.   It popped up directly into my mouth and nose.  I couldn't ever pitch again after that.  I was assured that every last ball I threw, would in seconds be hitting me square in the face.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

Do you have an enormous gut?

Eh, a bit of a gut, I wouldn't call it enormous.  I am freakin' slow like a big slow thing, though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up