Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?  (Read 4845 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« on: October 05, 2003, 02:54:29 pm »

Even though I don't post much, I lurk here a lot, and I enjoy the community. I know there are a few of us here in Dixie (I'm in Atlanta), so perhaps we could have a little shindig some weekend? Ribs & beer with scintillating conversation? Just a thought.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 04:44:56 pm »

I've been trying to get this to fly for months.  I'd love it.  I'm having a Halloween party on the 31st, y'all could come to that if you wanted to.  Then you guys and my real-life friends (both of them) could mutually freak each other out.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 06:49:23 pm »

If everyone wants to fly to Hawaii, you can take over my house.

Seriously.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2003, 11:55:29 pm »

There was a fairly serious sounding threat of a gettogether in DC before the old board imploded, but it never happened.  Unless you all had a party without me...

I would still be up for it if any of you want to come, with the caveat that since I work weekends and I have to get to work at 6.30 am, I'm not much of a late night party animal.

I met some people from the Wigu board once and we didn't murder each other.  Or have sex. Just tacos. I guess not all those stories you hear about the Internet are true.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2003, 12:02:04 am »

Sweet! What city are you in, jl?
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2003, 12:57:37 am »

Raleigh.  Five hours from DC, six from Atlanta.  See?  It's perfect!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2003, 01:17:42 am »

Pffft. Five hours to spend a night with you losers Dear me.

OK, so I'm just being bitter to avoid the disappointment that comes from living thousands of miles from anybody I'd want to meet!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2003, 02:19:34 am »

But there's 3 of us in the immediate DC area so we should win.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2003, 03:05:44 am »

I could be persuaded to hit D.C.  You know, with the promise of head, or something.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 04:56:19 am »

Rock! Shall we come in costume?

(Speaking of Rock - check to see when the Neal Pollack Invasion is hitting a city near you. They were worth going out on a school night.)
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2003, 06:22:25 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Pffft. Five hours to spend a night with you losers Dear me.

OK, so I'm just being bitter to avoid the disappointment that comes from living thousands of miles from anybody I'd want to meet!


Well. Slink, I'll meet you halfway - London is about 3670 miles from DC and Honolulu is about 4835 miles. (we are 7239 miles apart or so). Since I've visited in the UK before, I'll host you. See you soon!
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2003, 06:30:32 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

Well. Slink, I'll meet you halfway - London is about 3670 miles from DC and Honolulu is about 4835 miles. (we are 7239 miles apart or so). Since I've visited in the UK before, I'll host you. See you soon!


Now add the several hours to get from where I am to London to get a flight to DC, or Honolulu!
Oh, plus the price of flights to anywhere but a choice few countries!
<rant>I hate the UK. Stupid island in the middle of nowhere with nothing to offer and a fascist totalitarian 'left-wing' government and typically backwards laws.</rant>
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2003, 06:39:36 am »

Hawii is a lot closer to the middle of nowhere than the UK. But instead of totalitarian leftwingedness we have a weird cultural melange and ineffective governance that is only good at collecting taxes. The schools are the worst in the US, the police are wholly ineffective (how does a small ISLAND have the worst car theft rates in the US??)

BUT, we've got a lot of sun, beautiful people. warm water, cool breezes and enough alcohol to make everything else not matter. I think people actually put up with the stupidity and weirness because they are somehow stupefied into believing that the natural beauty of this banana republic is worth it.

They are idiots.

Come on out anyhow, this is a hell of a place to be if you don't have to live here.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2003, 12:24:50 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
But there's 3 of us in the immediate DC area so we should win.


Well, perhaps.  But I'm already having a Halloween party, see?  Plus, since there's three of you in DC, you can carpool.  And hotels are much, much cheaper here.  

Plus, if we meet in DC, Jough might show up!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Southeastern 'Woodies Unite?
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2003, 04:02:46 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Plus, if we meet in DC, Jough might show up!


Har dee har har.  You are so funny.  That is to laugh.

'Tis true, though.  Do you people think you're ready to meet visage-a-visage?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up