Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Desktop Tower Defense  (Read 6478 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 07:03:59 am »

Hey, my first day of finals too.  I took two test today, one friday, and two next wednesday.

I suggest getting high.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 07:34:18 am »

I am really drunk right now, if that is good enough. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 07:37:30 pm »

Ok halfway done with finals in only a day. Now its time to pop a klonopin with some anchor steam to wash down the anchor steam and anchor steam.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 08:35:15 pm »

My TD strategy: use peppers to build a basic maze structure. Build a line of squirters somewhere near the middle, and support them with a Frost on the end. Get a typhoon tower (Squirter 6) as soon as possible. I haven't lost yet on normal. I don't know if this works on hard, and is probably inefficient for easy.

EDIT: My favorite thing about this game is that, when minimized or alt-tabbed out of, "Desktop Tower Defense" looks like an antivirus program.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 09:41:24 pm »

dude, klonapins? fuck that shit.

PS My first exam is tomorrow. The rest of this week has been "Reading Week"-- AKA staying up until 4 or 5 AM every day for a week playing Age of Empires, drinking, walking to the grocery store to buy pizza...
the professors of the only two classes I was worried about my grade in told me the worst I'll get is a B-. So. Considering I should have C's in both of those classes...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 10:41:46 pm »

the fuck you got against chill pills?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 11:37:56 pm »

the only guy I know who fucks with those has done a long series of dumb shit while on them?

If I recall correctly, he and his friends tried to rob a convenience store, and then in the middle of pretending they had guns or whatever, one of them started just bawling. and then they all did, and were so upset and apologizey that the guy let them go. and then on the way home he fell off his (moped? dirtbike? something) and fucked up his face (temporarily, but there is scarring.)

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 12:50:05 am »

the only guy I know who fucks with those has done a long series of dumb shit while on them?

If I recall correctly, he and his friends tried to rob a convenience store, and then in the middle of pretending they had guns or whatever, one of them started just bawling. and then they all did, and were so upset and apologizey that the guy let them go. and then on the way home he fell off his (moped? dirtbike? something) and fucked up his face (temporarily, but there is scarring.)

That sounds like a personal problem of your friends'. For me, it usually means watching a dvd and genuinely feeling relaxed. The general anxiety for which they were prescribed goes away and life seems good for a few hours. I can't imagine under what circumstances I'd feel compelled to rob someone of their property in this state.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 01:17:30 am »

ah, see, when you said you were going to take some and then drink... I assumed this was a recreational thing.

Quote from: A-CAP
they were prescribed

that is the difference.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 08:37:03 am »

Also, you mainly just chill anyways.  I find it is like being drunk with out the energy and with possibly more stupidness.  One time I swam with my cell phone, wallet, etc. fully clothed on those.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2007, 03:04:08 pm »

Also, you mainly just chill anyways.  I find it is like being drunk with out the energy and with possibly more stupidness.  One time I swam with my cell phone, wallet, etc. fully clothed on those.
[/quote]
the only guy I know who fucks with those has done a long series of dumb shit while on them?

If I recall correctly, he and his friends tried to rob a convenience store, and then in the middle of pretending they had guns or whatever, one of them started just bawling. and then they all did, and were so upset and apologizey that the guy let them go. and then on the way home he fell off his (moped? dirtbike? something) and fucked up his face (temporarily, but there is scarring.)

The lesson here, kids, is not to use Rx medicine that hasn't been given to you by a medical professional to treat a legitimate condition.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 05:09:59 pm »

But it was fun, and the cell phone company gave me a free phone.  Swimming is different than robbery.


Also, I am loving this game.  Anyone else still playing?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 06:35:11 pm »

I played for quite a while last night, but didn't adequately defend against the fly-ey ones.

I also feel like my purity of game is ruined, as I lost my drive, and looked at the maze designs of the people with the top scores.

PS his maze design makes no sense, but apparently it works for him?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 06:57:00 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 08:33:15 pm »

Im still trying different strategies to get it so i can just hit "next" continuously
So far I love the fully upgraded missile thing, the ICBM launcher. Put a couple of those by the front door and the splash effect kills a whole group
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 10:19:38 pm »

I played for quite a while last night, but didn't adequately defend against the fly-ey ones.

I also feel like my purity of game is ruined, as I lost my drive, and looked at the maze designs of the people with the top scores.

PS his maze design makes no sense, but apparently it works for him?

Some people sell a bunch of towers at the end to try and keep their designs secret.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up