Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desktop Tower Defense  (Read 6452 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 11:13:30 pm »

I kind of feel like his design... I think I know what I need to do!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 11:33:18 pm »

update: that was not what I needed to do.

The concept was rocket launchers, making zig-zags, so as to maximize the number of launchers in range at any given time. The problem: I couldn't afford it fast enough. Also, shooting down the flying ones.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 03:51:42 am »

The flying creeps are the worst - the most effective weapon for hitting large groups (the fully upgraded squirt tower) is useless against them. I've found a sort of mini-strategy that works against them. The first level of flyers, you don't need Swarm Towers. The second wave, you need the basic tower, preferably one for each directional wave. Each successive level, the towers need upgraded. After a few waves, you probably need a third near the center.

I've gotten to a point where I can succeed against the Normal level, but I can't bring the heat fast enough to earn a spot on the leaderboard.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 08:34:18 pm »

For those who got way too into the game like I did... new version released today. New towers, new creeps, new swears and frustrating item-throws-across-the-living-room being invented.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2007, 11:33:25 pm »

What the fuck is with Dark Creeps?




Also, I guess if we were smart, we'd submit all our scores to the same group. Mine's Crunkcrunkable, but if you've got one that would be cool too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:44:24 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 02:46:14 pm »

What the fuck is with Dark Creeps?

The Darks have armor - you have to use upgraded weapons to damage them. A level 3 Squirt Tower will do the trick. A level 1 Ink Tower will work too, but those things suck so much ass it's barely worth it.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up