Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gimmie a Pseudonym!  (Read 6164 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 01:41:28 am »

Eliot Pilgrim
Billy Rosewater
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 01:58:18 am »

If we're listing awesome names that belonged to people who didn't deserve them, can I nominate Rondelle Trinidad? The dude himself was an epic cockknocker, but his name had a certain euphony.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 01:59:45 am »

Arvis Dunbar.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 02:01:00 am »

Troy Harlem.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 07:27:28 am »

I've noticed a lot of asian immigrants I know change their names when they come over so I decided if I ever move to an asian country I'd change my name to Aso Donum. I have no idea whether this resembles any asian name in existence but I still like it.

You, however, should be Vanessa Samson.

Molly Sanders is actually a pretty hot suggestion.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 03:53:16 pm »

Dr. Eldon Tyrell.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 03:58:13 pm »

Dr. Eldon Tyrell.
Only if you want your eyes gouged out by a homicidal android.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 06:43:55 pm »

I was actually going to go with Molly Sanders, but now I'm not so sure.  There is a myriad of possibilities.  Actually R. B. Kenakasaiiisingkl (how do you spell Beef's last name?) seems pretty dignified.  After all it is a play about a teacher dying of cancer.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 08:33:07 pm »

Or Kazenzakis.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 09:19:21 pm »

Hey, it's all greek to me, buddy.

CAN'T!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 06:40:18 am »

Or of course Cassandra Kazenzakis.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 10:03:22 pm »

I was just thinking of the Simpson's, and I thought:" Hey, I wonder if my name could be turned into any interesting anagrams?"  Thankfully there is and easy way to find this out.

Some interesting ones include:

SUE ZEN BROMELIA, BLAZE ERMINE SOU, MONSIEUR LEA BEZ

or if you use my middle name too, you get two even better ones:

EBENEZER OUIJA LENSMAN  or JEZEBEL NOUMENA RAINES

I'm still not sure if I'm going with any of these...

Also a few pretty enjoyable ones come up for Chris Onstad:

A SCROD THINS
CANDOR SHITS

Check it out!  Whose name makes the best anagram.... and.......begin!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 10:18:01 pm »

WILY COCK MEN
NEW LIMY COCK
MY NICKEL COW
CLONE MY WICK
ME ICKY CLOWN

W/ middle:
A CYCLIC LEEK? HMM, I WON!
A LICK ME MY OWN CLICHE
MY WOMEN LICK A CLICHE

OK, I'm giving up now. There are 55,557 of these fuckers and I'm sill in the A's.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 10:25:16 pm »

Unfortunately, my parents somehow managed to give me only one full vowel in my name, which makes anagrams get pretty repetitive. Here's what I have that's good, though:

MANNA HARD NAVY
AND HARM AN NAVY
RANDY HAM AN VAN

Adding my middle name improves things slightly:

SAVANNAH YARDMAN ARMY
SAVANNAH AND MARRY YAM
MADMAN HAS RAN NAVY RAY
SANDMAN ARRAY HAM NAVY
DRAMA SHAMAN YARN NAVY

Sigh. I'd like to buy a vowel...
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 10:33:59 pm »

I have never been prouder of my name. THAT BONES CURVED is a particular highpoint.

BRANCH DEVOUTEST
HUSBAND CORVETTE
SUNBATH VECTORED
SUNBATHED COVERT
HAVEN OBSTRUCTED
OVERSTATED BUNCH
ABUTTED CHEVRONS
CAVED BONES TRUTH
CHART BONES DUVET

Haven Obstructed. I could be a sci-fi novel.

A CAB DEFT DRUNK SHIV TORN sounds like a night out for Todd.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up