Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds  (Read 2909 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pez

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 14
    • View Profile
May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« on: May 03, 2007, 08:59:51 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05032007

YES. I am pleased by this new development. Twelve days of Raymas, my true love gave to me.

One question - 7 mil under a hat, under another hat. Did Ray write that during another episode of intellectual diminishment?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 09:47:24 am »

"happiness"

Also note the eyes, they are all still stoned as hell.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:09:22 pm »

Ray knows that the odds of him becoming "mentally unfit" because of an honest mistake are quite high. With Pat, Lie Bot, and Ray himself running around this is probably one of the most reasonable conclusions that Ray has ever come to.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 02:03:08 pm »

I feel compelled to apologize for my earlier unspoken feeling that this arc sort of sucked. I chide others for not having faith, and then do not take my own advice. Shame.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 03:10:27 pm »

As a baseball fan, I've been enjoying this arc from the beginning. As an even bigger fan of retarded cats reading promotional corporate magazines, I just don't even know where to begin.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 03:14:11 pm »

Point is, seven million dollars is not that much money to Ray.

It is like leaving twenty dollars in a He-Man thermos to cover the take-out order with your one roommate... but not just leaving it out anywhere, where your other roommate's shady girlfriend might possibly take it and then play innocent.

Twenty bucks is twenty bucks, it's two pizzas or whatever but... you're not gonna put it under lock and key, either. If you lose twenty bucks, it will be a bummer for like five minutes and that would be that. Life would indeed go on.

So you stick it in a weird place but not necessarily a secure place and you move on.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:26:30 pm »

I think the idea here is people lift the large raiders cap, see the smaller raiders cap, and move on with their lives, never suspecting the $7m below their very eyes.
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 07:13:52 pm »

Ray must be a dream patient for an ethically-flexible doctor.

Not only is he willing to undergo/pay for numerous shady and experimental procedures, in the off chance something goes wrong he gives you even more money, and the power to hide the evidence
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 07:18:00 pm »

I just like the fact that one of the things he wants in order to have "happiness" (the quotation marks are also fabulous) is a laser pointer keychain. In other words... when you hit Ray in the head with a softball, he becomes a normal cat?
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 07:26:12 pm »

I think the idea here is people lift the large raiders cap, see the smaller raiders cap, and move on with their lives, never suspecting the $7m below their very eyes.

On the contrary.  I would lift the smaller cap, expecting to see an even SMALLER cap, so on and so forth, until I just got to the point that it looked like I couldn't go any further.  I'd break out my magnifying glass, lean in real close to see if I was missing something, and see...a flea pointing a cannon at me.  The flea would fire and I'd still be leaning in there with soot all over my face, blinking slowly. (I may be remembering this from a Tom & Jerry cartoon.)

Unless, of course, lifting the second cap revealed $7 million dollars.  I think that would distract me from the question of just how small a Raiders hat can get.

PS: No apostrophes in the alt text, please, unless it is actually meant to refer to hats that belong to an unnamed Raider.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:07:57 pm by Turbo Ninja »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 10:04:42 pm »

On the contrary.  I would lift the smaller cap, expecting to see an even SMALLER cap, so on and so forth, until I just got to the point that it looked like I couldn't go any further.  I'd break out my magnifying glass, lean in real close to see if I was missing something, and see...a flea pointing a cannon at me.  The flea would fire and I'd still be leaning in there with soot all over my face, blinking slowly. (I may be remembering this from a Tom & Jerry cartoon.)

I'm full of tinier men!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 10:24:59 pm »

On the contrary.  I would lift the smaller cap, expecting to see an even SMALLER cap, so on and so forth, until I just got to the point that it looked like I couldn't go any further.  I'd break out my magnifying glass, lean in real close to see if I was missing something, and see...a flea pointing a cannon at me.  The flea would fire and I'd still be leaning in there with soot all over my face, blinking slowly. (I may be remembering this from a Tom & Jerry cartoon.)

Unless, of course, lifting the second cap revealed $7 million dollars.  I think that would distract me from the question of just how small a Raiders hat can get.

PS: No apostrophes in the alt text, please, unless it is actually meant to refer to hats that belong to an unnamed Raider.

WRONG!  After the 26th cap you'd find VOOM.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 12:17:41 am »

The cap-within-a-cap idea would be even better applied at an actual Raiders game.  Just walk in to the Coliseum and when the security guys ask you to remove your cap... there's another, identical cap underneath!  I think Dr. Seuss may have come up with that one already, though.

There's so much potential for a complete change of mood in this story now.  I predict a Cartilage-Head-esque experience for Ray at the retarded person asylum in the coming weeks.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 3, 2007: A magazine about McDonalds, by McDonalds
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 12:42:13 am »

There's so much potential for a complete change of mood in this story now.  I predict a Cartilage-Head-esque experience for Ray at the retarded person asylum in the coming weeks.

I think he's suddenly going to get along with Philippe a lot better.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up