Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux  (Read 5266 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« on: May 05, 2007, 12:25:54 am »

Quote from: Somebody nice
To: kurtz@pvponline.com
Email Subject: Totally inappropriate.
My, how novel. A white dude using a black character to bash affirmative action! Hurr hurr hurrrr.
Totally inappropriate, Kurtz.
Sincerely,
Somebody nice

      

Quote from: Scott Kurtz
Somebody nice,

For your information, that very joke was taken from an actual conversation I had with the real Reggie Dixon.
So you'll need to take it up with him.

P.S. Reggie is black and blind. I guess that make the joke okay now.

Totally APPROPRIATE! In your FACE, Somebody nice.

Love,
Kurtz

What a fuckin' tool. It's the "in your FACE" that makes it classy.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 12:45:28 am »

My cats' breath smells like catfood.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 12:48:16 am »

People actually read PvP? I've always thought of it as some abstract concept that some group of scholars talked about once in a classroom in 1972.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 02:11:16 am »

I shouldn't have read it. I don't like hating people.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 02:19:11 am »

Scott only listens to people who agree with him, which makes him think he is always right.  This is dangerous to do (see also: our president).

Also: fattyfattyfattyfattyfattyfatty nah nah nah nah nah
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 07:39:47 am »

Linnea, your email in the first place was a bit dick-ish, so dickery in return must be expected.

However, I'm prepared to overlook this because you're a charming, intelligent young woman and Scott Kurtz is a dick.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 08:09:10 am »

egh. The difference is, being up front when telling someone they are being a dick is... acceptable. on any level.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 09:46:52 am »

The part that really pissed me off was his asshattery at his bullshit logic.

"One black dude - Reggie Dixon, no less! -  was the one who made the affirmative action joke, so it's cool! Plus, my token n***er character is a crippled Negro who's bangin' a hawt white chick and also happens to be really a cool dude cuz I'm not racist so the possibility of cool nonthreatening black guys is totally within my awesome worldview...well, since that one black man said it...well shit! that must mean that my IN YOUR FACE argument is rock-solid. Yeah...one black man's opinion automatically covers his entire race. Sweet."

That is a statement of assholes. Sorry Kurtz, but you're a dick.





-------------------------------
Okay, I just re-read that. Wow. I'm really getting worked up over the opinion of one stupid man. I just got back from a tough call (lady miscarrying, bad scene), it's 2AM, I've been awake for 20 hours, and I need some rest. Kurtz is a douchebag and there's no reason for me to get upset because of one racist asshole.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 09:51:03 am by linnea »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 11:47:01 am »

I don't know where Scott Kurtz comic lives so I can't judge for myself.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 03:33:45 pm »

I have no idea who this guy is or why you would write to him.

For some reason I was hoping this thread would be about Heart of Darkness.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 04:57:16 pm »

For some retarded reason I bookmarked PVP in my daily comics Firefox tab. Guy's a douche, I'm not going to read it anymore.

http://www.pvponline.com/article/3300/fri-may-04

Quote from: Scott Kurtz
You know what?

The strip, the joke, and the sentiment you're SOOO offended by come from a place of humor and friendship and laughter. Meanwhile, everything you're projecting onto my intentions and this strip is filled with bile. Where is the inappropriate meaning REALLY coming from? Me or your brain?

Thanks for reading and writing.

Scott Kurtz
Cartoonist
http://www.pvponline.com



Wow! He deftly manages to shift the blame onto me while refusing to man up and take responsibility for what he published. Awww, it came from a place of humor and friendship and laughter, plus it wuz a joke! Awesome, falling back on the "it was just a joke" defense. Brill, Kurtz. What a fuck*ng tool.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 05:02:09 pm by linnea »
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 05:24:50 pm »

I have a feeling this Kurtz also lives in a tent surrounded with human heads impaled on spikes.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 06:44:56 pm »

I know that, whenever I accidentally read PVP, I feel like a snail crawling down a razor blade... forever.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 10:02:45 pm »

Hmm, I don't know.  Not particularly funny, but not particularly offensive either.  It's hard for me to get upset by a affirmative action joke because the afirmative action debate is a lot like the abortion debate.  Both sides are right while both sides are wrong.  Scott Kurtz may be a dick, but his comic is lame is why I don't read it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scott Kurtz is a dick, part deux
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 10:57:14 pm »

um, jesus christ. Geordi La Forge doesn't fly the ship! He's the head engineer, and he's not blind with his VISOR!

(apparently he flew in the first season, though. hm.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up