Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"  (Read 4514 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nabeel84

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 06:37:12 pm »

Haha I like how he is wearing a sweatshirt backwards. By he I mean Ray. In the last panel.

Worst. First. Post. Ever.
Logged
This is my favorite signature.

hoogli44

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 07:32:06 pm »

I'm very curious about Ray's choice of footwear. Now that he is TBD, does he prefer the classic Velcro strapped sneakers, or has he jumped on the Crocs band-wagon?
Logged
I have no explanation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 07:50:07 pm »

Temporarily-Brain-Damaged Ray is no longer smart enough to know that he has enough money where he never has to worry about anything. Normal Ray knows that his massive amounts of bread mean that he can be sexually aroused by fruit and no one can touch him or judge him. TBD Ray isn't smart enough and so he knows fear.

This is very interesting.

Unless he calls the frickin' queen to ask about her peach-eating habits. There will always be people out there above Ray.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 08:53:25 pm »

Haha I like how he is wearing a sweatshirt backwards. By he I mean Ray. In the last panel.

Worst. First. Post. Ever.

Don't worry - there are others - far, far, worse than yours.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2007, 10:53:21 pm »

Haha I like how he is wearing a sweatshirt backwards. By he I mean Ray. In the last panel.

Worst. First. Post. Ever.

Asherdan had mentioned that was a turtleneck, and I was about to be all, "Really? It looked like a hooded sweatshirt worn backwards." Then I got beat to it. By someone's first post.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2007, 11:20:17 pm »

So what's the consensus here? I think it's a turtle with the back portion obscured by the rearward head twist.
Seconded

I figure 'Stad is just picking clothing options that seem out of character for Ray while he's TMD.  He'll probably be wearing a baseball cap with the bill pointed forward next.

[ALSO EDIT] Thanks for giving me today's blood to throw on the assbar waters.
You've certainly put their noses out of joint over there.  All Asherdan comments with 10 lames for perfectly reasonable comments...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2007, 11:21:53 pm »

Wait... didn't one of our best-loved posters have that exact same avatar as nabeel84 has now?  Is it a coincidence?  It... it can't be....  Is it...  No.  I'm not even going to say it.  I can't handle this!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 11:42:08 pm »

Turtleneck and arkarbee, respectively.
Logged
ACHIEVE

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 01:30:36 am »

re: peaches and #####...

dig through your change jar and find a Georgia state quarter.  failing that take a look at this thing:

http://www.pickyourown.org/images/giantpeach.gif


Technically in South Carolina, which technically produces more peaches than the peach state (which these days doesn't produce too many at all really).

Anyway, the concept that big ol' peaches might need themselves some ##### isn't exactly exclusive to the short bus token holders.


I for one think it would be interesting to keep Ray mentally handicapped roughly as long as Beef hung out on the moon.  And let a few arcs pass before this one actually resolves.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2007, 04:05:22 am »

Exactly my reasoning. I mean, a hoody isn't exactly unusual for Ray.

Spell it out for me Smells. I've had avatars disabled since the Great Paul Brown Eye Episode of '03.
**stepping in for the presumably comatose Canucktopian**
Arkabee used that avatar, but unless I'm mistaken, its a TOUAMB stock one from the musician list (Freddie Mercury).
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2007, 05:47:54 am »

colmore-- I passed that giant peach frequently, back when my family sometimes went to Charlotte Knights games.

...yeah, the stadium is in SC. I am pretty sure that is the peach I am thinking of.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2007, 09:55:50 am »

There is a similar water tower in Chilton County, Alabama.  It was the lone bright spot on the long and lonely drive to Montgomery.  That and the Stuckey's/Dairy Queen with the Battlezone cabinet.

Also, the winning line in this one for me was "Just... it needs to get dressed.  Please." That is a perfect sentence for someone who is flustered and Unable To Deal With This Right Now.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

nabeel84

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2007, 05:49:12 pm »

Quote
Wait... didn't one of our best-loved posters have that exact same avatar as nabeel84 has now?  Is it a coincidence?  It... it can't be....  Is it...  No.  I'm not even going to say it.  I can't handle this!
It's not him. I just got here. And Freddy Merc jumped out at me. Please don't break down. Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth.
Logged
This is my favorite signature.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 07:33:27 pm »

It's not him. I just got here. And Freddy Merc jumped out at me. Please don't break down. Breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth.

Well, you are still more than welcome here.  Really though, Freddy is awesome.  If anyone's dead ghost is going to give me AIDS, I'd rather it be Freddy.  Do. Do. Do.  Another one bites the dust!

Now that my friends is creepier than any naked peach.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: May 7, 2007 - "Dice are....from Arabia!"
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 02:24:25 am »

It's more than an avatar.  There are a lot of similar letters in the handle.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up