Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interview with Chris Onstad  (Read 3933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 04:38:48 am »

Dammit, Paul, I was at a city council meeting and I MISSED IT. :(
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 05:00:28 am »

I saw it.

/really weird bragging that makes me feel like a stalker kind of
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 12:46:07 pm »

I saw it.

/really weird bragging that makes me feel like a stalker kind of

One of us!  One of us!  One of us!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 12:49:37 pm »

Here's a picture of my weiner dog.  He's really not as unhappy as he looks.

Eeyore is not as unhappy as that dog looks.
Logged

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 08:52:34 pm »

I saw it.

[wants maximum cuddles]DESCRIBE HIM[/not really]
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 09:32:05 pm »

Dammit, Paul, I was at a city council meeting and I MISSED IT. :(

That'll teach you to get involved with your community.  What are you doing off the couch?  The Monitors will be by to schedule your re-education trip momentarily.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 01:06:10 am »

I found this interview vaguely disturbing. Where's the snark? I can't tell if it's personal growth or overmedication.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 01:59:59 am »

Haven't we all seen photos of Onstad?  There were a bunch of them on Dumbrella.

In fact, I have some posted on touamb.com.  You just have to find them.

(hint: there are threads in the archives with links to the photo)

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 03:24:04 pm »

Read an amusing interview with Chris Onstad, Orato:

http://www.orato.com/node/2332

Quote:
"Ominously enough I finished a page of about 10 of my first strips and put it online around 2a.m., September 11, 2001. So as you can imagine, six or seven hours later no one was going to read my comic strip because that was the day the World Trade Centers fell. It was a pretty inauspicious beginning.

About two or three weeks later, we published the site and I publicized it on The Comics Journal, went to different comics community message boards and took out an ad here and there. I didn't try very hard to publish it because I wasn’t enthused about it at the time. At that point I wasn’t trying to make a career of Achewood..."




If it's an interview, where are the questions?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 03:53:03 pm »

That point makes me think - maybe the lack of snark is just the lack of editing - the effect of getting his whole answer instead of someone taking out just the interesting bits and writing an article around them?

I hope so, otherwise, I am kind of worried about him.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 12:47:28 am »

Onstad photos reposted.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up