Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back  (Read 2970 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ryabovsky

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10
  • bool DisagreementBox(bool a) {a = true; return a;}
    • View Profile
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:50:26 pm »

I really expected to see a "fin." in the corner of this one. Color me surprised.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 12:51:31 pm »

Man, I was really not expecting his recovery to occur so quickly.  There was so much potential for hilarity.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 01:07:52 pm »

Most bummery indeed.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:22:59 pm »

Whoa, Dogg.  Say shucks that much on your own time..
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 03:14:16 pm »

Just some Knuckleheads from the Day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 03:36:50 pm »

R2DTrousers, I cannot begin to describe how your avatar picture disturbs me. Can!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

ImpyChick

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 06:04:59 pm »

I'm surprised to see this wrapped up so quickly as well.  Maybe Onstad didn't feel like he had a lot of outs.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 06:21:42 pm by ImpyChick »
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 06:16:16 pm »

The idea of two old childhood friends sharing a blanket in a super-posh nursing home in their waning brain-addled twilight years is... so completely and fundamentally gay that it spins the wheel and somehow becomes the straightest most manliest thing ever.

It does it in the same exact way that Andy and Red have the gayest moment in film history at the end of Shawshank and yet, somehow, it is so gay that it is not gay in any matter fashion or form. It is two manly old soldiers sharing in the fading glories of two lives well fought.

It is so weird being a dude. I hope you ladies realize this.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 07:27:24 pm »

You should try being a girl and renting an empowering movie about sassy black women with your best friend and then get back to me.  The clerks give us such sly looks. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 07:42:57 pm »

Oh, I'm sure it's insane to be a lady too.

I'm just sayin'... it ain't easy for nobody.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 08:49:07 pm »

I know that writing the retard jokes is not ideal, and I actually love this strip, but this the three arcs in a rowthat Onstad has ended abruptly. I just hope he's not totally lost the ability to hold interest. I want another G.O.F. caliber-arc someday.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 10:05:12 pm »

Oh, I'm sure it's insane to be a lady too.

I'm just sayin'... it ain't easy for nobody.

Oh, I totally think it's worse for you boys.  There's so much more pressure to appear strait if you're a man than if you're a woman (whether you are or not).  You could go crazy trying to be un-gay as a guy, and someone would still say something like "you're trying so hard to convince us otherwise, that you must be one of those fag-hating-fags," but as a chick, it's all, "Oh well - guys think it's hot anyway, so who cares!" 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 10:25:16 pm »

There is no way dudes can meaninglessly cuddle while watching a movie. This is most suboptimal.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 9 May 2007 - Go creamy in the noggin, I got your back
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 10:36:07 pm »

There is no way dudes can meaninglessly cuddle while watching a movie. This is most suboptimal.
The best we get is firing off a Master Flick on our buddy's ear while coming back from the kitchen or can.  Casual abuse of your friends is what passes for platonic cuddles.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up