Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."  (Read 2868 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Personally, I've heard of relationships based on less
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:31:38 am »

The phrase "discount restaurant" unnerves me so very much.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 05:07:18 am »

damn, dude. That is so crass.
but crass in that way that is... so sincere that it becomes uncrass.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 06:47:17 am »

The phrase "discount restaurant" unnerves me so very much.

Yes. Yes it is.

This just reminds me of a dramatic monologue a teammate of mine did back in high-school forensics that was written from the viewpoint of a guy talking about his parents, who were both mentally retarded (although the narrator was not). This strip struck me as a more light-hearted suggestion of how that relationship could have begun.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 12:16:40 pm »

a dramatic monologue a teammate of mine did back in high-school forensics

This is confusing me about as much as the concept of a discount restaurant. At least the discount restaurant concept is a simple one.

I like the sidebar in this one, it suggests to me that the book is not intended to be read by the idiots but rather read too them and the sidebar contains topics of interest that the reader might want to discuss further with their idiot.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 12:17:40 pm »

You went to school with Bob Lamonta?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hxPjYSay9g0
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 01:07:41 pm »

The phrase "discount restaurant" unnerves me so very much.

Is a discount restaurant one of those places that just heat up frozen entrees like Ruby Tuesday or is it something even worse like Denny's or IHOP?
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 01:09:09 pm »

What if, for example, a HORSE takes it?

I live in fear of just such a scenario.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 04:04:56 pm by MattFish »
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 01:16:10 pm »

You went to school with Bob Lamonta?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hxPjYSay9g0

A tiny can has been given unto you because of peanut butter, an egg, some dice. 

That line is as hilarious now as it was the first time I heard it, and it has stayed with me always, like Jesus or my fingerprints.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 05:59:09 pm »

What if, for example, a HORSE takes it?

I live in fear of just such a scenario.

It is a scenario that could be troubling. The first question that comes to mind: why is a hoss taking your pen? Is it made of carrots?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 06:30:06 pm »

Quote from: V-Adore
This just reminds me of a dramatic monologue a teammate of mine did back in high-school forensics that was written from the viewpoint of a guy talking about his parents, who were both mentally retarded (although the narrator was not). This strip struck me as a more light-hearted suggestion of how that relationship could have begun.

There is a superb Mr. Show skit about... a Lifetime movie on the subject of the normal teenaged child of two mentally-disabled parents. The joke is not so much about making fun of the mentally-disabled and much more about making fun of Lifetime movies and... that is why it works so marvelously.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 08:08:59 pm »

There is a superb Mr. Show skit about... a Lifetime movie on the subject of the normal teenaged child of two mentally-disabled parents. The joke is not so much about making fun of the mentally-disabled and much more about making fun of Lifetime movies and... that is why it works so marvelously.

You went to school with Bob Lamonta?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hxPjYSay9g0

Mattgiraffe, bringing people together.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 11:10:21 pm »

There is a superb Mr. Show skit about... a Lifetime movie on the subject of the normal teenaged child of two mentally-disabled parents. The joke is not so much about making fun of the mentally-disabled and much more about making fun of Lifetime movies and... that is why it works so marvelously.

I'm going to go with the esteemed Mr. Ninja in asserting that the skit is, in fact, about the peanut butter, an egg, and dice line.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 11:38:28 pm »

Ray's novel reminds me of the "Simple English" Wikipedia.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 12:24:12 am »

Ray's novel reminds me of the "Simple English" Wikipedia.

Well called. I can only read about two sentences on the "simple English" Wikipedia before I get kind of embarrassed and have to stop. I suppose it's useful for people who don't read well (particularly ESL people), but... awkward.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up