Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."  (Read 2848 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 01:40:16 am »

This one made me laugh.

I liked this.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 02:02:16 am »

Well called. I can only read about two sentences on the "simple English" Wikipedia before I get kind of embarrassed and have to stop. I suppose it's useful for people who don't read well (particularly ESL people), but... awkward.

I wrote two pages for the Simple English Wikipedia. My page on John Paul I exists mostly as I wrote it, but people have gone in and fancied my Pink Floyd page up so much that it has a "complex page" warning. It was an interesting exercise in trying to force myself to write at a level I would normally consider "beneath" me.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 02:04:57 am »

Sorry for the double post, but something just hit me. Ray refers to Mr. Bear as "Connie" in the first panel. I'm too lazy to look it up, but someone here made a comparison between Mr. Bear and Connie Mack a few strips ago. As a wise man once said, "Weird. Eerie."
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 10th, 2007 - "I'll marry you, if I get to keep your pen."
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 05:30:37 am »

I wrote the original of the Simple English "Ska" page. Now it has all kinds of links and stuff!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up