Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone  (Read 3328 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 07:47:05 pm »

I especially enjoy the comparison of phlegm to egg yolks.  This is a good description.  It's also a little jarring to have all these random frames with Onstad's voice coming out of different characters and things.  Also, a garlic bulb smoking.  As if garlic doesn't already give you bad breath as it is.  Fantastic.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 07:47:31 pm »

Quote from: Onstad
Do you know how hard it is to write when you're all high on prescription codeine cough syrup?

Ask Bill Burroughs.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:47:38 pm »

I feel a bit strange about the veglegon violence here, but this strip is pretty great otherwise. Great choices of art to reuse!
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 08:02:19 pm »

I just can't remember where that last panel came from. Anyone?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 08:12:43 pm »

I think the last 2 panels are new. I don't see anything familiar, anyway.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 08:31:43 pm »

I had a school project once that I did a similar thing with.  I was supposed to make a slide show about spirituality in my life or something, but I blew it off until the day it was due, then grabbed one of my Dad's carousels that was loaded with beach vacation pics.  I told some story about how I must have gotten the carousels mixed up, then b.s.ed my way through a couple random slides of my brother and I sliding down sand dunes.  The teacher finally told me to stop and sit down.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 08:48:06 pm »

So is that last guy Onstad's anthro-avatar?

I like breaking the fourth wall as much as the next guy, but I dunno. Wasn't the last time he did this the Téodor c*ck one-panel?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

Tashiseisei

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 10:15:17 pm »

The Oblio reference automatically makes this awesome.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 11:00:51 pm »

I kind of wish the art style matched the drug-induced stream of consciousness style of the writing. That would have been some shit.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 11:16:27 pm »

What a ripoff. Totally reusing the art there, he is.

Get better, Onstad. Being sick sucks.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 12:04:19 am »

The Oblio reference automatically makes this awesome.

I've never heard of Oblio.  Google seems to point to a pointy headed character... care to elaborate for those of us who are clueless Tashiseisie? 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 02:39:04 am »

Oblio was the main character in The Point, a hippyish animated feature with a great score recorded by folk singer Harry Nilsson.

The message of the movie: it's ok to be different.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 06:44:21 am »

This Is Rad.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: May 14, 2007 - The leg talks out of the bone
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 01:34:43 pm »

I am a huge fan of The Point.

It was like getting high, for kids who didn't know what getting high was yet.

So many puns on the many meanings of the word "point".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up