Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways  (Read 5262 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« on: May 21, 2007, 05:23:56 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05212007

Well, this arc took a swerve I wasn't expecting. I guess Ray decided it was man-time and he got to come real.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 05:42:49 pm »

Nothing like the head-sweat of a fat balding knee-jerk social-conservative activist type.

He got that sweat just right. Spot on.

"This world ain't nothin' but bad news and the pills that go with it." I have to figure out how to steal that line for a script without getting caught. Oh man, is that a good line. And oh man, is that an ironic line coming out of Ray's mouth.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 06:08:58 pm »

I had a Kashi brand TV dinner and the package said it was made with honest ingredients.  I was thinking what a load of hossshit.  I'm glad Onstad agrees with me.  Dang, I wish I had a woman thinking about my Christmas present in March.  That would be nice.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 06:09:37 pm »

Also, maybe, perhaps, the possibility that this may lead to Roast Beef getting married, a-hem??
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 06:14:54 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 06:22:51 pm »

goodness gracious. I do not know how to handle this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 06:32:53 pm »

Ladies, don't do this to your eyebrows, serious. Eyebrows do not need this much attention, nor do they need to look like they are part of a clown's make up.

Guys, don't wear short sleeved dress shirts with black ties. Is it ever OK to wear a short sleeved dress shirt?

This strip does make me feel better about being engaged for almost 4 years, though.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 06:45:12 pm »

I feel like I am a rare guy, in that I am totally into the concept of one day being married.

I'm sure I would feel differently, though, if the possibility were not so far off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 07:07:50 pm »

randy is adorable
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 07:16:55 pm »

Is it ever OK to wear a short sleeved dress shirt?


No.  Short sleeves w/ a tie = wrong.  Short sleeve sport shirts are OK.    "Short sleeved dress shirt" is an oxymoron.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 07:17:13 pm »

I kind of liked the idea of Beef and Molly getting married until I thought - then are they going to have kittens?  And that's just going terrifyingly too far.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 08:05:56 pm »

No.  Short sleeves w/ a tie = wrong.  Short sleeve sport shirts are OK.    "Short sleeved dress shirt" is an oxymoron.
A dress shirt should be worn with a jacket.  Could you imagine seeing someone's arms, sans cuffs, poking out of a dress jacket? 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2007, 08:41:43 pm »

yes, because my cuffs somehow work their way up into the jacket without me noticing.

Also because sometimes people wear a dress jacket with a polo shirt? no? My highschool's sense of acceptable fashion was way outside the mainstream.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2007, 08:43:23 pm »

I kind of liked the idea of Beef and Molly getting married until I thought - then are they going to have kittens?  And that's just going terrifyingly too far.

Yeah, it makes me wonder what kind of birth control they use. Was the Today Sponge banned in the kitty underground as well?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 08:46:14 pm »

I remember having an argument with my mom that short-sleeved dress shirts are hell of tacky and nobody wears them. Her counter argument was that my dad wears them. I pointed out that she basically buys his clothes as well, so that's not really evidence. She finally relented when I challenged her to find one person on TV with a short-sleeved dress shirt that didn't also sport a pocket-protector.

I hate wearing a jacket. It's usually so pointless (events where a jacket required for entry, but you're encouraged to take it off as soon as you're inside) and hot. Plus I have no idea how to decide which one to wear with which #####/tie/shirt.

In the opposite direction I sometimes wear long-sleeved polo/golf shirts to work. I always feel vaguely toolish when I do, but I also don't feel like dealing with the cleaning/ironing of 4 dress shirts a week.

Basically if I ever get a job with business attire I'm fucked.

Anyway, cartoon cats. Beef has already stated emphatically that he wants no kids but I think Molly could talk him into it.
Logged

idiomsavant

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
Re: 21 May '07 -- You're the man in like seventy ways
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 08:48:22 pm »

Actual true fact: I live in a town called Carrboro.  But nobody gives us free cheese sandwiches, dammit.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up