Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: May 22, 2007 -- a pig in goggles getting pretty badly harmed by a sentence  (Read 5156 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

PS the girl, too, always totally doesn't get that you like her, and tells you details about how cute the boy is, invites you to meet him, etc. You have to pretend you think it is great that they are dating because you are not a jerk.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Fwoosh

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile

The depressed cat does not know which terrifies him more about the life-altering decision — the potential for misery or the potential for happiness.
i registered so i could say i like this sentence.

also to add a little more beef sympathy, best character, etc. i'm glad the story randomly veered in this direction.
Logged

ImpyChick

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile

PS the girl, too, always totally doesn't get that you like her, and tells you details about how cute the boy is, invites you to meet him, etc. You have to pretend you think it is great that they are dating because you are not a jerk.

And then there are the ones who really do like you back.  But instead of just going on & saying something to YOU, they get a fake crush, or even start a fake relationship just to see if you'll do a last-ditch plea for her affection.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Oh!  The wily, inscrutable ways of women!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I...

I didn't need to know that they could do that. I was unhappy enough.

This is like when a kid learns about dying. The kid is all sad, and then some mean/bitter older kid is like "just wait!" and tells the kid about cancer and AIDs and starving children in Africa without anybody to love them.


...which reminds me of this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

ImpyChick

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile

I...

I didn't need to know that they could do that. I was unhappy enough.


Sorry.  If it makes you feel any better, I was once the girl that someone started a fake relationship with just to make the one she really liked jealous.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

so. I am not sure why that post was so morose. I am not sure what "I am unhappy enough." was referring to, either. So, it is all good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE

i registered so i could say i like this sentence.

I'll just say that I found myself in a similar position recently, and failed most spectacularly with it.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Scrabble.... scrabble just on her face.
Scariest goddamn thing I've heard all day.


Do women really play all these fucked up mind games past age 16, or do you guys (or girls I suppose) just like to keep us paranoid?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I dunno... if other females do such things, obviously there's another way in which I wasted my youth, but I guess in a good way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

ktoad

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 24
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
    • chemical comics daily

I want this missing fourth panel so badly. I can taste the dusty residue of previous explosions still clinging to the goggles. The undulation of the pig's jowls reeling from sentential impacts flappapates in my ears. Oh, if only I didn't know such a fourth panel were possible. And yet out of reach.

Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

So. Many. Cans.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up