Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music  (Read 4836 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 10:48:49 pm »

Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2007, 02:18:17 am »

It was as simple as typing "bridge" into the search box below the comic.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2007, 05:13:25 am »

I like how Beef's time-tested way to cope with adversity is to slip into the crick and just ruminate.

How on earth did Gramma K make him afraid of creeks? At any rate, it seems that they are the perfect vehicle for Beef's inner thought process during extreme stress.

Anyway, I love this strip. And Rumjay, I was supposed to be way taller than 5'4.5" but that's the hand that Life dealt me. I would give my eyeteeth to be a statuesque 5'11".
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 06:13:51 am »

Quote
I think I remember reading that your head is 1/7th to 1/8th of your height, so I'd need to find a lady between 4'9 and 4'10.

I did not need to know that this girl I like is basically the exact right height for head-resting. I mean, not that it changes anything, but just that...

people ask what she looks like, and I say "she's the cutest." I can never explain this. Now I can say "she is, mathematically, within the range where I can rest my chin on the top of her head."
Of course with my luck I'd end up having a short head or something. Or, less pertinently, she'd say "why the fuck are you putting your chin on my head? stop doing this thing to me."

but anyway. I like the concept that now I know the optimal height for a lady to date. Of course, none of the girls I have dated are in this range. For some reason, all of the girls (all three!) I have dated have been taller than average.

in other news, I have realized that I always put "just" in the wrong place in sentences. I am not sure why. This is just one of many weird things I do when typing/writing. I have corrected this error for the duration of this post.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2007, 06:29:05 am »

The last strip made me think that Roast Beef believes that marriage is a prerequisite for death, like if he just stays single then when the reaper comes for him he'll be able to talk his way out of it.  He'll plead that he can't die yet, he's left too many things unfinished on earth -- like marriage, for example.  But no, he knows he has to die either way.  It's just that it only seems real if there's a witness. 

Oh, and Linnea:  If I ever find myself standing on my toes trying to grab something from a shelf, the object of my desire stubbornly remaining a mere 1.75 inches out of reach, I'll be sure to ask you for help.
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2007, 11:13:05 am »

Alt: I think he knows death is inevitable and he's ok with it but he feels guilty for inconveniencing others.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2007, 01:00:15 pm »

The last strip made me think that Roast Beef believes that marriage is a prerequisite for death, like if he just stays single then when the reaper comes for him he'll be able to talk his way out of it.  He'll plead that he can't die yet, he's left too many things unfinished on earth -- like marriage, for example.  But no, he knows he has to die either way.  It's just that it only seems real if there's a witness. 

Oh, and Linnea:  If I ever find myself standing on my toes trying to grab something from a shelf, the object of my desire stubbornly remaining a mere 1.75 inches out of reach, I'll be sure to ask you for help.

Well if he stays unmarried then he can't be drafted into the military if I remember my old testament right. So in a way that could prevent death.
Logged

hoogli44

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2007, 02:14:41 pm »

Is the name of the bridge "Public Bridge"? Or is that just the type of bridge it is?
Logged
I have no explanation.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2007, 03:43:35 pm »

Is the name of the bridge "Public Bridge"? Or is that just the type of bridge it is?

Hilarious.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

ImpyChick

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 12
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 38
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2007, 04:05:24 pm »

I was supposed to be way taller than 5'4.5" but that's the hand that Life dealt me. I would give my eyeteeth to be a statuesque 5'11".

Heh...I'd give my eyeteeth to be a statuesque 5'4.5."  I should've taken my damn Flintstones vitamins, eh? 

I've had many-a-chin rested on my head.  It gets kind of annoying when it's done ALL the friggin' time...especially by strangers/mere acquaintances.  But, for some reason, it's really cute imagining Beef do this to Molly.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2007, 05:34:56 pm »

Ha Ha!  You people are short.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2007, 05:47:49 pm »

Well if he stays unmarried then he can't be drafted into the military if I remember my old testament right. So in a way that could prevent death.

I haven't read that part of the old testament, but I think Roman law prevented the execution of unmarried girls.  Which meant that whenever people wanted to execute a young girl, they had to force her through a wedding ceremony with a random dude, first. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2007, 06:16:20 pm »

Oh, and at least we don't get hurt when we fall down.
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2007, 08:03:35 pm »

Well if he stays unmarried then he can't be drafted into the military if I remember my old testament right. So in a way that could prevent death.

I think it's actually married guys, but only in the first year after their wedding.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 23rd, 2007 - Less balls than a carrot listening to violin music
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2007, 12:27:29 am »

I think it's actually married guys, but only in the first year after their wedding.

That sounds familiar too but I don't really feel like scouring Blogging the Bible to find out if my earlier recollection was right.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up