Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotch.  (Read 16688 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Scotch.
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:02:50 am »

I have been packing for the retarded move back to Denver.

I am drinking Glenlivet on the rocks. My last bottle was Glenfiddich.

That is all.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:04:07 am »

why don't we get drunk and screw?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 04:38:06 am »

I've got a waterbed
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 05:23:09 am »

I am debating. My parents never drink, and keep very little alcohol in the house.
Does this mean:
A. They will not remember how much was in the bottle last time, so, I am safe to take some
B. They will know exactly what I took, and confront me.

or C. Daniel, stealing alcohol from your parents at 1 AM on a weeknight is pointless, and unhealthy.

That one is winning. But, you know, a guy wonders...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 05:25:36 am »

No, just make a drink.  They can't care, and it is healthy.

I am drinking a Pigs Eye Lean.  Going to go to my neighbors and have a Rich and Rare and coke in a minute (maybe).

This  is what happens when you drink alot (it is my last summer) and don't have money.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 01:27:08 pm »

There is something about Keith giving out drinking advice the just scares me.

Skimming booze is not cool - a total Hunts move.

Also, my parents also almost never drink, and they always had a huge stock pile of booze that had been gifted to them by those who did not know this, most of it was always sealed, on the top shelf of a closet.  I would occasionally contimplate taking an entire bottle of something.  I'm pretty sure they'd have never noticed.  To this day, when I go over, they have a shelf of booze that remains sealed on a top shelf. Now that I am grown, I should just go over one day and help myself.  Just walk to the closet, load up and leave - "clink, clink, clink!" - as my parents watch in silent, stunned amazement.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 01:00:43 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 02:21:45 pm »

My parents are like this. They have booze that they bought 20 or 30 years ago because they were having a party and knew "uncle Guy only drinks scotch and soda" or some such. Sadly it doesn't count as 30-year-old scotch just by sitting in a cabinet next to the Doritos for 25 years.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 04:37:07 pm »

yeah. I mean, it's in a place where it would be hard to get out, etc. Plus, you know, I'm not an alcoholic.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 12:04:54 am »

The true Hunt's move is to skim vodka/gin out of the bottle and top it back up with water.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 01:17:22 am »

Not that Nabu would know anything about that, of course.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 01:57:16 am »

The true Hunt's move is to skim vodka/gin out of the bottle and top it back up with water.

Friends of mine in high school did that, and it reminded me of Cordelia from a Margaret Atwood novel who did that with her dad's stash but he didn't notice. How on earth could someone not notice watered-down hooch? I'm amazed that they got away with it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 04:07:44 am »

I would get away with it. I have never seen my parents drink anything but beer or wine. Unless it was a marguerita.

but yeah, not happening.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 10:49:26 am »

You could top it up with metho, provided it's bad enough vodka they might not notice.
My dad has a nice bottle of scotch that he hasn't touched since he bought it about 20 years ago. I lust after that scotch, at least I would if it wasn't probably totally groady by now. Besides I've got my own 12 year glen fidditch in the cupboard now so I can knock it back whenever I want.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 07:18:22 pm »

theinev, for me personally, drinking Scotch isn't about getting drunk. Of course, after the obligatory enjoyment of the blessed and expensive Scotch has commenced and it has been fully appreciated, then it is of course acceptable to continue drinking with fellow Scotch enthusiasts (with a lesser grade of alcohol, because what's the point of drinking hella expensive scotch if you can't really taste it?).

However, I try not to be a dick about drinking liquor. People are free to do as they please. When I was younger (21)  my best friend's asshole father berated me for ordering a rum and coke. Since then, I don't want to make other people feel bad about their choice of bev. If someone wants to buy a bottle of 18-year Scotch and mix it into a Scotch and soda, it would be a Hunt's move for me to berate them for doing so.  It's their money. Now, if *I* had purchased said expensive-ass bottle, I would not let anyone drink it except neat.

It also pisses me off when people insinuate that it's not ladylike for me to order Scotch. What the fuck? Should I order a Grasshopper or Shirley Temple? Fuck you.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 07:27:50 pm »


It also pisses me off when people insinuate that it's not ladylike for me to order Scotch.

It is eminently ladylike.  It indicates you are a lady of quality.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up