Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotch.  (Read 16650 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 08:31:32 pm »

It also pisses me off when people insinuate that it's not ladylike for me to order Scotch. What the fuck? Should I order a Grasshopper or Shirley Temple? Fuck you.

On the one hand, this makes me feel bad, not for telling women they can't order scotch, but because I've mocked a dude friend for ordering fuzzy navels, buttery nipples, etc. But then, fuck that, we were at a Mexican restaurant. And the dude painted his fingernails when he could get away with it.

Mrs. Haus doesn't like dark liquors. She prefers vodka, gin, etc. As a result, we end up with a pretty well-balanced bar.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 08:59:16 pm »

On the one hand, this makes me feel bad, not for telling women they can't order scotch, but because I've mocked a dude friend for ordering fuzzy navels, buttery nipples, etc. But then, fuck that, we were at a Mexican restaurant. And the dude painted his fingernails when he could get away with it.

Mrs. Haus doesn't like dark liquors. She prefers vodka, gin, etc. As a result, we end up with a pretty well-balanced bar.

I dunno, I thought that dudes were required to mock each others drink choices? I was always surprised when my crap dude ex fiance would get together with his friends. I was like, "man, do you guys hate each other or something? Damn, I would not tolerate such shit talking." but he said it was normal for guys to do that.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 09:37:36 pm »

my good friend Parker orders a shirly temple every time we are at a restaurant that has them. it's like he enjoys being mocked.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 10:06:57 pm »

I am getting my precious bottles outta the freezer to be carefully packed. I'm going to take them in my suitcase to Denver. I couldn't resist getting a silly shot with the bottle. Also I have new mascara. Thanks Sephora, for coercing me to buy a $22 tube of Fiberwig. I can't tell the difference between that stuff and my regular stuff, but apparently it's Japanese. Ray. The Japanese.


The flickr rules state that I have to link back to them. Do they check up on that or something?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:23:14 pm by linnea »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 11:59:44 pm »

my good friend Parker orders a shirly temple every time we are at a restaurant that has them. it's like he enjoys being mocked.

When I was little I remember restaurants calling this drink a Davey Crocket for boys.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2007, 12:29:17 am »

linnea-- suitcase to be checked? make sure not to put such things in your carry on, as some TSA official would soon be enjoying your drinks in his office. You know, invite in a stewardess he's having an illicit affair with, etc.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 12:56:39 am »

linnea-- suitcase to be checked? make sure not to put such things in your carry on, as some TSA official would soon be enjoying your drinks in his office. You know, invite in a stewardess he's having an illicit affair with, etc.

Good call, theinev. I fuck*ng hate the stupid ass TSA regs on liquids. They are going to be double bagged in clear Ziploc bags and will be put in my checkthrough luggage.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 01:47:57 am »

When I was little I remember restaurants calling this drink a Davey Crocket for boys.

When I was little a Shirley Temple for boys was a Roy Rogers.

I drink good scotch neat, but oddly enough I haven't bought any since I moved here, even though I'm drinking more than ever, and by "more than ever" I mean that I've had to throw away my Tylenol for fear of liver damage because I'm falling into that "more than three alcoholic drinks per day" category.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 02:44:16 am »

Three per day, is that an average i.e. binges and dry days?  I've always wondered if it matters - probably it does.  I seem to have picked up somewhere that two drinks a day is "good" for you, and more is bad for you, but I have no factual basis for this.  Does the Tylenol also damage the liver?  I really should know this stuff.  My grandmother died of liver disease, so really I should study up more about liver health in general.

I've had a lot to drink recently also.  A nice mix of Gin and Wine on different days.  Only once did I get mildly intoxicated ( drank all but one glass of a nice German wine).  I got into a brief laughing argument with the SO over whether I would take his last name or not if we ever get married.  We were having a good laugh the whole conversation, but we disagreed quite drastically to my surprise.  I kept trying to explain I'd rather have his last name, but that at this point in my artistic career people know me by my name, and it is therefore too late to change it.  But then he'd had enough beer that he was rubbing his fingers over his teeth to make a squeaky-squeak noise just to annoy me... so, not a good time to discuss major life changes, even if in a light hearted fashion.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 02:48:58 am »

I wouldn't marry a girl who wouldn't take my name. 

Scene:
What, my name isn't good enough for you? 

Then I'd shove her naked into the hallway and toss her clothes at her before slamming the door in her face.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 02:52:17 am »

We just got new ones - first, middle and last.

Used the old ones up, you know.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 04:38:10 am »

I wouldn't marry a girl who wouldn't take my name. 

Scene:
What, my name isn't good enough for you? 

Then I'd shove her naked into the hallway and toss her clothes at her before slamming the door in her face.

Yeah, but you have a good surname. I had a smoldering college flame who came up to visit me here in Alaska. We both thought that we were going to get married to each other after we finally got started in our lives, that's how hot things were in college. He had a last name that was a little embarrassing and while we were discussing it, I said that I wanted to keep my name.

That ended that. He immediately got so offended that I think it sounded the death knell in our relationship.

I also think that he got made fun of a lot when he was a kid.

We just got new ones - first, middle and last.

Used the old ones up, you know.

That's a pretty awesome new tradition.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 04:47:23 am »

He had a last name that was a little embarrassing and while we were discussing it, I said that I wanted to keep my name.

That ended that. He immediately got so offended that I think it sounded the death knell in our relationship.

I also think that he got made fun of a lot when he was a kid.

Dong? Scabies? Sally?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 04:52:03 am »

I could care less about anything like this.  I guess that is what makes me different. 

Even if a lady is my wife, I do not think for her.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Scotch.
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 05:00:36 am »

Even if a lady is my wife, I do not think for her.

What if she wanted you to?

What if you wanted her to think for you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up