Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Squatters  (Read 23231 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2007, 07:19:38 pm »


Also, AugustWest, you are not allowed to visit Chicago without getting together for a drink and/or dinner with me.  It's a new rule.


How's Friday night look for you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Squatters
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2007, 04:51:58 am »

For you, I'll clear my fuck*ng schedule.

Seriously, let me know where in town you're staying and we can plan to get together somewhere convenient.  This is my hometown now so the entire city is open to me.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2007, 05:06:38 am »

Just in general, how do you like Chicago?

(Like for someone who wants to move anywhere they can get employment between about ten cities, Chicago being on the list with like San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Austin Denver, etc.)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Squatters
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2007, 03:47:36 am »

I love Chicago.  I wouldn't want to live anywhere else right now.  It's got everything I could want in a city - great architecture, unlimited things to do, natural beauty, natural midwestern beauties, a thriving economy, parks, beaches, the lake, great food, theatre, art museum, and more.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Squatters
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2007, 03:54:04 am »

you forgot "girls with one of the few incredibly unattractive accents you can have in English"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2007, 04:57:32 am »

Chicago sounds awesome. I found a really cute kitschy representation of Chicago here.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Squatters
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2007, 05:21:03 am »

I was listening to a Ben Folds song with a clip of his wife's voice in it and...

Like, no.

No matter how attractive she is or smart or funny she is, a heavy Austrailian accent... man, they shouldn't even give boys at summer camps salt-peter, they should just... play recordings of women with heavy Austrailian accents and they won't be able to maintain their erectionss.

This is just my own personal preference but... yeah.

Give me a lady from Chicago any day of the week over a lady with a thick Austrailan accent out.

I keep expecting their next words to be "oy, then, you know I act'ly have a c*ck, rai't?"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2007, 05:41:36 am »

I wouldn't want to live anywhere else right now. 

Sure, but six months from now...
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2007, 07:08:37 am »

I was listening to a Ben Folds song with a clip of his wife's voice in it and...

Like, no.

No matter how attractive she is or smart or funny she is, a heavy Austrailian accent... man, they shouldn't even give boys at summer camps salt-peter, they should just... play recordings of women with heavy Austrailian accents and they won't be able to maintain their erectionss.

This is just my own personal preference but... yeah.

Give me a lady from Chicago any day of the week over a lady with a thick Austrailan accent out.

I keep expecting their next words to be "oy, then, you know I act'ly have a c*ck, rai't?"

Whoa! I didn't realize that people felt that strongly about accents. I personally love Australian accents. They're hot. Why don't you like women from Aus, dude? Did seeing "Priscilla: Queen of the Desert" scar you emotionally?

Sure, but six months from now...

Winters there sound horrible, but I bet they ain't as bad as the ones out here. Anyway, el Jefe has already lived through Chicago winters, yes?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2007, 01:04:46 pm »

you forgot "girls with one of the few incredibly unattractive accents you can have in English"

Southern?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2007, 01:23:17 pm »

Whoa! I didn't realize that people felt that strongly about accents.


I used to teach a whole class about how people feel strongly about accents. Well, there were a few other related topics, but you could easily talk about just that for a whole semester.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Squatters
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2007, 03:41:29 pm »

cort...
cort...

how can you...


no.

girls with southern accents are...

OK, let's just say that any accent taken to an extreme is unattractive. But. A light to moderate southern accent... is lovely.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2007, 04:20:37 pm »

I might be biased, but I find Aussie ladies quite pleasing.  There's a distinct difference (IMO) between the Aussie male and female accents.  I can't describe it though.  I guess I'd leave it at, if a gravelly, smoker voiced Aussie was going on about some gender neutral topic, I'd have no trouble telling whether they're female or not.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Squatters
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2007, 06:13:09 am »

I find Southern accents very unattractive in women as well but...

Like, I'm not going to explain it because...

Some of you guys are from the South. I don't want to unduly anger you with the preconceived notions of Southerners that only a New-Englander-transplanted-to-Southern-California could have. They are completely unfair but they are so deeply planted in my soul that I cannot shake them.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2007, 10:48:34 am »

When I lived in Memphis TN, I was playing scrabble with the neighbor's teen (18, as was I) daughter.  I spelled the word "YULE".  She looked at it, and then looked at me and said "Oh, like, Yule go to the store?"

I said yes.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up