Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Squatters  (Read 23251 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Squatters
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2007, 07:38:20 pm »

Every time I see the word poutine I think of boudin.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2007, 08:25:24 pm »

Every time I see the word poutine I think of boudin.

HURRRGGGHHHH!! No wonder that shit is trayf. God damn.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2007, 01:59:09 am »

Chip butties are delicious, exactly what you need when you've got some left over chips from giraffe and chips or whatever.
It also works if you put crisps on a normal sandwich, particularly chicken.
See also: Bacon Buttie.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2007, 02:56:34 am »

Chip butties are delicious, exactly what you need when you've got some left over chips from giraffe and chips or whatever.
It also works if you put crisps on a normal sandwich, particularly chicken.
See also: Bacon Buttie.

Is a Chip Butty where you butter two slices of bread and then use french fries as a filling for a butter and french fry sandwich?

A sandwich made with french fries/chips. I cannot believe this hasn't yet caught on in America.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2007, 12:28:33 pm »

I just don't see how bread would improve french fries. And don't they get soggy crowded together like that?

But Doc is right about potato chips on a sandwich. I used to eat them on tuna giraffe sandwiches all the time. I stopped when I was no longer able to delude myself that they had no calories if you snuck them in that way, but otherwise I highly recommend it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2007, 02:03:12 pm »

Yes Linnea, that is exactly what it is. For all your pitiful american attempts at obesity the english had you beat at pure, coronary hardening grease from the word go.

W: It's not just the bread you understand, there must be copious amounts of butter on there too (and/or gravy if you like), hence 'Butty'. The warm greasyness improves the flavour and the texture and makes it far easier to consume your fries in bulk.
Really they should also be the thick style chips (fries) not the skinny crispy kind.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2007, 03:55:35 pm »

I just don't see how bread would improve french fries. And don't they get soggy crowded together like that?

But Doc is right about potato chips on a sandwich. I used to eat them on tuna giraffe sandwiches all the time. I stopped when I was no longer able to delude myself that they had no calories if you snuck them in that way, but otherwise I highly recommend it.

I have mostly hated tuna giraffe sammiches. I think they're gross. But they are vastly improved by the addition of potato chips within the sandwich.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2007, 03:57:18 pm »

Chip butty's can be found on many a local pub menu, but I've never ordered one.  Even at my drunkest, I've always opted to wait for poutine rather than have a butty.  I tend to think the combination of starch between starch doesn't work for my pallet.  I mean, I'd never eat a fettuccine Alfredo sandwich or a fried rice sandwich.  I'm not much a bread fan.  Really I think the chip butty is another example of using bread as a vehicle to transport contents to one's mouth, rather than as an actually enhancement of the eating experience.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Squatters
« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2007, 04:09:57 pm »

Chip butty's can be found on many a local pub menu, but I've never ordered one.

Ms. Nabu and I went to a "Scottish" pub with her brither and his wife once. One of us ordered Scotch eggs and we all tried them and more-or-less enjoyed them. Much later I described the event to a co-worker from Scotland. With obvious incredulity, she said "you aren't supposed to eat those".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #114 on: July 07, 2007, 06:36:37 pm »

I suddenly feel compelled to inject into this conversation the fact that where the Technical Staff grew up in Fall River, Mass., a local delicacy is the chow mein sandwich.

If you wish to experience this, you can buy a local chow mein mix
here and prepare an authentic sandwich according to the directions here.

Not that I am suggesting that this is a good idea or anything but God, I love the internet.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2007, 06:58:58 pm »

Addendum: The Technical Staff says that the Fall River delicacy that really belongs in this thread is a sandwich of french fries and chourico, which is a Portuguese sausage.  He says you don't put grease all over the bread, so I'm guessing that one of these run about neck and neck with the chip butty for fattiness.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #116 on: July 07, 2007, 07:09:43 pm »

If chourico is anything like chorizo the Mexican sausage there is no need for extra grease because the sausage is pure grease already.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2007, 01:40:40 am »

Apparently a local delicasy in victoria is a 'meat pie floater'. This is a meat pie in a bowl of pea soup. I've never seen this and I am kind of afraid to believe it exists.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2007, 02:17:28 am »

Tech Staff insists there is no sausage on Earth greasier than Portuguese chourico but when pressed, admits to not being familiar with the Mexican version.

And Doc, congratulations, that is one of the most disgusting messageboard posts ever.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Squatters
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2007, 02:25:07 am »

I once tried to cook a chorizo sausage in a skillit and it became liquified.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up