Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: laaaaaaast day of work!!!  (Read 11751 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« on: June 05, 2007, 03:08:01 pm »

Whoa. It's my last day already.

WISH ME LUCK in my crazy-ass new endeavor ... I'm going to need all the stones I can get to learn the entrepreneurial stuff. "You should give me money, and here's why."

Plus I have to trim Milan's claws before i go on vacation to Denver. Wish me luck with that, too. I feel so bad when I have to trim his claws. I'm afraid that I am hurting his back when I have to hold him on his back in my lap.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 03:22:48 pm »

Good for you! I love the last day of work. I'm looking forward to mine showing up in about 30 years.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 07:42:43 pm »

Good  stuff. Hope you have a great time off in the real world of technology and humans.
I might have to organise me some real work so I can have a last day of it soon...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 08:14:31 pm »

yay Linnea!

My second day of work is today. I have to leave in a bit, actually. I don't understand how 4 hours of preparing food can feel the same as 7 or 8 hours of being a cashier at a supermarket. These things should not feel equivalent.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 10:57:28 pm »

When you're a cashier there's less chance of cutting your fingers off?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 03:05:44 am »

I'ma pining away for the cruise we've booked in July so I understand Somebody nice's glee.

I won't worry one whit about the fuck*ng cats, though.

Oh MAN! You booked an Alaska cruise?? I need to take the ferry out here one of these days... that's the poor man's cruise. What ship are you on? Princess? That's so rad. Please take lots of pictures.


EDIT: I have to tell you guys this story.  On my blog and myspace I posted about my asshole neighbors. Well...today I drove home from lunch to find that:

a.) They apparently went hunting somewhere that has deer.
b.) They landed a buck with an impressive rack.
c.) They cut off its head and tied it to the roof of their trailer so that the bald eagles and ravens could pick it clean for them.

Christ, guys, I realize that we live in rural Alaska. But what the fuck, dude? TIED A DEAD ANIMAL HEAD TO THE ROOF OF A TRAILER. Jesus, that's Jeff Foxworthy material right there.

I'm going to go take a picture of it. It's hilarious.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:23:43 am by linnea »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 03:32:54 am »

They do shit like that in Wasilla, darlin'.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 03:38:22 am »

Wait, so I guess I missed the fallout.  You're staying in Alaska, but starting some kind of home-based business?

What's the deal, linnosie?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 03:49:19 am »

joughypantaloons: I'm not staying in Alaska. I'm moving back home...the idea was that my dad was going to make me a partner in his business, but he's being kind of a dick about it. So I will probably just start my own, fail do remarkably well and buy my own jet and a house and a pony. and then go find another shitty CADD job somewhere.

The deer head!!

Nabu: You are absolutely right. I probably should have expected this...it IS rural Alaska and all. :D




Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 06:06:35 am »

That's cool.  I wish I had a deer head on my roof.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 06:10:23 am »

That's cool.  I wish I had a deer head on my roof.

Man, fuck you. I'll box it up and FedEx it (plus my jagoff neighbors) posthaste. Give me your address. I'm sure that it will smell LOVELY in the summer sun of whatever Lower 48 state where you reside.

**EDIT... fuck, we ain't got FedEx up here. DAMMIT. If I put it on the barge it will pretty much be mummified by the time it gets there. sigh.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 02:32:59 pm »

That must be a pretty big island you're on if there are caribou or elk or whatever that thing is (too big for deer).  Or did it come over on a ferry all tied to the bumper of their scabby SUV?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 05:35:20 pm »

What is that cord leading up to it?  Do they have a stringer of lights on that thing?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 06:12:43 pm »

That must be a pretty big island you're on if there are caribou or elk or whatever that thing is (too big for deer).  Or did it come over on a ferry all tied to the bumper of their scabby SUV?

The only natural land mammals we have here are foxes. The island is about 110 miles long. There are some wild hosss close by, but at the very end of the island there are a bunch of cattle that were sort of abandoned in place and went feral (you can't get there except by plane or sea). There are caribou on other islands, but not here.

I thought that caribou had rounded horns, and not pointy? I'm not very good at my ungulate identification. Sorry.

What is that cord leading up to it?  Do they have a stringer of lights on that thing?

Also, Paul, that's what they tied to it so that a vulture couldn't just pick up the whole dang thing and fly off with it.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: laaaaaaast day of work!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 07:26:00 pm »

They got vultures out there? I had no idea.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up