Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."  (Read 3867 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« on: June 08, 2007, 08:14:16 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06082007

Wow, I thought 'Stad was kidding, but there it is. I love Lyle's expression of... I don't know what, in the second panel. He looks somehow vulnerable, mildly shocked, taken aback. He's clearly proud of his skill; skill, not talent, as his dialog makes me think that he has done this many times before. Eww.

It's true what he says about spiraling. I tend to do it naturally because my frickin' OCD won't let me do anything less than exactly right.

Side note: have those little "Transcribe this comic!" buttons always been there? I just switched over from IE to Firefox today, and I can see it in the latter but not the former.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:23:22 am by Toaster »
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 08:26:19 am »

I am so glad that they are having an Emergency Party.

...at the Achewood Mansion? as opposed to the Smuckles Mansion?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:33:43 am »

This needed to happen. Thank you Chris Onstad, wherever you are.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 08:54:51 am »

The achewood mansion is Chris' house.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 09:02:24 am »

As advertised!
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 12:06:07 pm »

One promise kept, we're still waiting on the Tomorrow Chicken.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 12:31:06 pm »

Did you ever cook that Bobby? That was a pretty rad recipe.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 12:36:58 pm »

Did you ever cook that Bobby? That was a pretty rad recipe.

I wasn't able to find a restaurant supply shop in the area that had ballbearings of the size I wanted. I won't use regular ball bearings, I need it to be food grade.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 01:11:05 pm »

The Transcribe button has been there for a few months, ever since Onstad finally signed up for OhNo*****.

Chris's house doesn't have a fountain while Ray's house has both a fountain and a circular driveway.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 02:03:55 pm »

Why would Ray have a statue of his friend outside his own house, though?  I would imagine that could be rather awkward.  Anyway, if Ray's front yard featured a fountain statue of a stuffed tiger projectile-vomiting on his driveway, he'd be in no position to complain about Envelópe's rotating Josephs and what have you.

Is there another "party" arc in the works here?  It's been two and a half years; I'd reckon it's about time for a new one.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 02:54:37 pm »

Why would Ray have a statue of his friend outside his own house, though?  I would imagine that could be rather awkward.  Anyway, if Ray's front yard featured a fountain statue of a stuffed tiger projectile-vomiting on his driveway, he'd be in no position to complain about Envelópe's rotating Josephs and what have you.

Is there another "party" arc in the works here?  It's been two and a half years; I'd reckon it's about time for a new one.

When I started reading this I was all set to post a whole "he meant that the vomit spurt is recycled art from the fountain jets" explanation before I got the rotating Josephs part and realized you're joking. And a vomiting Lyle statue would be kind of neat.

I guess I posted it anyway.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 04:04:44 pm »

This is rising very rapidly in the ranks of my favorite arcs ever.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 09:04:14 pm »

There are times when how good Achewood at its best makes me feel really bad about myself as an aspring writer.

Like "how the hell am I ever gonna come up with something this good?"

This is one of those times.

So I will need to go play some Family Guy Chicken with my brother, wherein we turn on Family Guy and compete to see how long we can pretend to like Family Guy before one of us turns off the television in abject disgust. That always makes me feel better about myself creatively.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 09:14:26 pm »

And a vomiting Lyle statue would be kind of neat.


It could vomit into this:

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: June 8, 2007 - "That doesn't just happen by not caring."
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 12:30:13 am »

Bobby, is this your attempt to invent a vile new sexual fetish?

Anyway, this is a great strip. Kudos to Onstad for actually delivering on the promise of that fabulous alt text.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up