Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: XKCD: On meeting the girlfriend's parents  (Read 6780 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: XKCD: On meeting the girlfriend's parents
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 04:59:15 am »

Did I read a comment from you in which you reported that the big bar in town (name escapes me)  had changed their name?

I went in there one time, just before I flew back to Anchorage, and the server spilled hot coffee on my . . . ******-area.

Then I got on the plane, and the flight attendant decided I needed a refill.

Yeah, I just don't like to make the name of the town public. I'll PM you.

OUCH... that's a lot of #####-burnination. Twice in one day!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: XKCD: On meeting the girlfriend's parents
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 02:22:15 am »

hm.

the first time I met my last girlfriend's mom, it was awkward because she really obviously thought we were dating, and we weren't yet. And... I kind of casually mentioned something about their dog, which let it out that I had been to their house before-- when she was out of town for the week. I'm not completely sure she caught on, though. She seemed like a nice lady, as did her ex-husband, who I met a while later.

When I met my first girlfriend's mom, she was reading the paper. She proceeded to read my fortune... which was that I was in for a steamy night with my new lover, or something to that effect. To her credit, despite being horrible at keeping her thoughts to herself, she did not say anything about this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up