Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas  (Read 4809 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« on: June 11, 2007, 06:33:02 pm »

Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:43:36 pm »

Sorry RMJ12345, you were 6 seconds too late.

Also, as if Ray won't rock it out old school.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 11:29:10 pm »

The comic today was a little ho-hum, so I'm more interested in the news that you get the newest zine for free on orders of 25 buckaroos and up. Now I might finally have the excuse to order the Dude and Catastrophe shirt I've been wanting. Would you believe I haven't purchased any Ache-merch since 2002? It's true: the order took like 14 months to arrive, which kind of scarred me emotionally.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 11:33:39 pm »

The talking cat is depressed that men ain't men anymore.

I have laid down the law to all my friends and my brother, however, that if I ever get married, there will be no strippers at my bachelor party. All other sorts of debauchery are accepted and encouraged: drinking, smoking cigars, smoking illegal cigars, gambling, recorded pornography, etc etc etc.

But not strippers, man.

I see a stripper and I just wanna give her a blanket and some cocoa and ask her who hurt her so much that she does this for a living and if I am allowed to go beat this person up.

I have had dreams where people bought me a hooker and I just ended up, y'know, talkin' to her. Couldn't get it up for some lady who's just gettin' paid. Usually, she ended up showing me pictures of her kids and stuff and then I threw in an extra twenty at the end out of pity.

Even in my dreamscape, I am a bleeding heart.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 01:59:14 am »

I see a stripper and I just wanna give her a blanket and some cocoa and ask her who hurt her so much that she does this for a living and if I am allowed to go beat this person up.

Don't you think it's incredibly patronising to assume that anyone who strips for a living only does so because they are broken in some way?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 02:15:46 am »

Don't you think it's incredibly patronising to assume that anyone who strips for a living only does so because they are broken in some way?

Well, it's not exactly every little girl's dream to grow into someone who dances naked on a pole for a living, is it? I'd say most of these women either made a poor decision or had a poor decision made for them at some along the road.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 02:34:17 am »

Hurts Ray?  Hell that hurts me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2007, 02:38:39 am »

Hell, those bachelor parties would be too lame for Pat fuck*ng Reynolds!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2007, 04:34:33 am »

Don't you think it's incredibly patronising to assume that anyone who strips for a living only does so because they are broken in some way?

Uh, I take it you've never talked to strippers outside of a strip joint. I'm sure that men like to think of strippers as good little whores who know their place and just loooove degradation. After all, they sure put on a pretty good show at the club, eh? "Hee, I love to party like a rock star and I know that I'm hot so I just love taking my clothes off for money! Hee! Being a stripper rocks." In reality, I don't think it's like that. One of my good friends from high school was a stripper...she had been abused as a kid, and all of her huge stripclub earnings went straight up her nose. I don't know where she is or what she's doing now. Her name at the club was "Aspen".

When I was younger, I figured that women were capable of making their own choices, and I figured that sex work was pretty sad but that it could theoretically be a justifiable career choice for some people. And I'm sure that there are some people who enter the sex work industry who aren't "broken". But if someone grows up in a patriarchical culture where female degradation is so commonplace that most people don't even notice... and if someone is sexually assaulted (something horribly depressing like 90% of all sex workers were sexually abused as children) then the concept of "free will to choose sex work" pretty much flies out the window.

ANYWAY... I don't think I'll ever get engaged again at this point. But I would never marry someone who thinks that being a john (i.e., visiting prostitutes or strippers) is okay. If I get married, it's going to have to be about fidelity, and you can't bang a hooker or get a handjob from a stripper while remaining true to your fiancee. Sorry.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:37:55 am by linnea »
Logged

otter

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 36
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 06:57:37 am »

A can for HudsonVC because I literally opened TOUAMB muttering "please let it be Ayurvedic tapas, please let it be Ayurvedic tapas," and lo and behold.

Anyway, I trust Ray to come up with something appropriately raunchy, disasterous, and awesome.  I mean, this is what Ray's about.  This is his home game. 
Logged
um

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 09:28:22 am »

Well, it's not exactly every little girl's dream to grow into someone who dances naked on a pole for a living, is it? I'd say most of these women either made a poor decision or had a poor decision made for them at some along the road.

Melack: Never been to Spokane, WA.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 12:36:29 pm »

They're not all broken people. I've had some interesting conversations around the why's and wherefor's of choosing sex work with a gal here or there. The one's that aren't busted too bad inside are taking advantage of the limited opportunities and assets they have to bank roll their way out to a better reality.

Unfortunately, this isn't the standard. Most of those gals are damaged deeply.

I'd adjust by giving them a bill under each eyelid if I'd done that kind of thing in the last 10 years.

I visited a strip club in my first year for a women's studies project. The strippers I talked to were very nice, and didn't seem to be handicapped. They were articulate, and seemed happy.

I also have a friend from high school who's a stripper now (I think) but she's completely insane and makes very very poor personal choices as a general habit. However, knowing her, I would gamble that she's not unhappy because she strips, if she's unhappy.

I think it's sad that such an occupation exists, but I'm not going to judge those who choose to make their living that way.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 08:37:32 pm »

More than 24 hours and still nobody's brought this up.  I'm a little disappointed.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 11:26:35 pm »

My future best man informed me once that my bachelor party would combine two of the manliest events with a twist. Basically we would go into the woods with an ocean of liquor, hunting rifles, and roughly a dozen women-of-the-night. Then, combining elements of hunting and prostitution, things would take off from there. The audio would be recorded and then dubbed over a video of my wedding.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: June 11, 2007 - Ayurvedic Tapas
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 11:52:41 pm »

Then, combining elements of hunting and prostitution, things would take off from there. The audio would be recorded and then dubbed over a video of my wedding.

Dear sir,
I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:03:56 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up